Update 66.0.1 Release Notes

Speed

Quick double tumble seems to be still broken.
I have two charges, trying to do second tumble after first and I end up with no tumble or I am teleported back after animation or I have too long lag between them.

wreck

Quick double tumble seems to be still broken.
I have two charges, trying to do second tumble after first and I end up with no tumble or I am teleported back after animation or I have too long lag between them.
if only
IF ONLY
there was a way (dedicated server and paid staff)
to test this nonsense
oh wait

Archaic

The Tumble changes is kind of sus. Players posting suggestions in forums especially Karen posts that go "They shouldn't Tumble so fast I want to talk to the manager!" Don't quickly get implemented without time, thought, and discussion for them even to be considered. It's like it was already in the works and they put Blame on the community as to why it went forward so quickly.
Real talk no real players gave a second thought about nerfing tumble... straight up.

Ryofu Housen

NGITSUM
The Tumble changes is kind of sus. Players posting suggestions in forums especially Karen posts that go "They shouldn't Tumble so fast I want to talk to the manager!" Don't quickly get implemented without time, thought, and discussion for them even to be considered. It's like it was already in the works and they put Blame on the community as to why it went forward so quickly.
Real talk no real players gave a second thought about nerfing tumble... straight up.
Not sus at all when you consider all the time that is no longer saved on those xp pots. :unsure:

Ryofu Housen

NGITSUM
I have not seen any SLA error messages popping up this evening since the update.
I might be seeing something similar to this. I keep lots of clickies around. Various hotbar gear swaps for greater heroism, death ward, etc. I get error messages that I can't cast non-class spells when I use them. Still get the effects, but yeah, the error messages are annoying as hell.

Blerkington

Several people on discord reporting FPS dips since today's update where they have to relaunch the game regularly to fix the graphical stuttering.
Add me to that list. Mouse look sensitivity seems to have been reset, the game is all jerky now and my FPS is noticeably lower than usual. Something is seriously screwed up here.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The FPS dip seems to be the same "memory leak" issue (or something similar) that normal happens when logging between a bunch of alts where one has to relaunch the app. But now it happens every time one zones/goes thru a load screen. Do a few quests (or swap between areas) and the FPS will dip lower and lower each time.

edit: it's so bad. Having to relaunch the game every few quests to "fix" things isn't my idea of fun.

Last edited:

Monkey_Archer

The FPS dip seems to be the same "memory leak" issue (or something similar) that normal happens when logging between a bunch of alts where one has to relaunch the app. But now it happens every time one zones/goes thru a load screen. Do a few quests (or swap between areas) and the FPS will dip lower and lower each time.
Happening for me as well. It doesn't appear to be a memory leak (client doesn't use more memory per load screen) but the game becomes basically unplayable after ~10 quests. Yet one more reason to constantly reload the game... sigh...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Happening for me as well. It doesn't appear to be a memory leak (client doesn't use more memory per load screen) but the game becomes basically unplayable after ~10 quests. Yet one more reason to constantly reload the game... sigh...
Could be GPU memory/resources and not main system memory that's bloating and leaking; I know that's been an issue before with the game. But whatever it is, it's bad and got me log out and do other stuff.

I don't understand why tumble wasn't just put back to the way it was before. It is now the only skill with charges. A simple solution to cure the unintended speed boost would have it have a cooldown much like diplomacy, intimidate & bluff. I usually don't complain about game changes, but this one seems like the biggest over-correction I've ever seen. I'm doing my best to acclimate, but is quite infuriating. Also, the new visual tumble counter is as bad as when they decided to upgrade the trap and secret door icons.

seph1roth5

Not liking the new hitch in tumbling, where you pause and can't tumble again until, I assume, the 1-sec buff goes away. They went all in on this new combat tumble but 1: The buff duration and recharge are both too long. And 2: Makes tumbling a complete pain out of combat. Flipping around, bard-cancelling, are all hit hard for no reason.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
  • We have corrected a bug that could allow players to put more than one Curse from the Deck of Many Treasures onto an item. Characters that have more than one Curse on a particular item have had those Curses removed and replaced with Curse of the Overloaded, which must be removed with a Card of Curse Cleansing before any new Curses can be applied.
Is it also granted that my shared bank wont put a 2nd curse on my items randomly anymore ?????????

If not, will you give me cleansers to get rid of the overload curse??? (sarcasm here, everyone knows the answer)
Punishing innocent players and lump them together with the exploiters not a wise move :(

Jack Jarvis Esquire

So, exploiters win?
Sadly, to some extent, yes. 🙁

Innocents losing is more important to address here.

If SSG remove the Overload curse, that would be a positive move overall. Though I entirely sympathise lets the sploiters off the hook somewhat, and still leaves innocent folks having lost their legitimate first curses. ☹️

Orbry

Found new bug which I haven't seen being mentioned yet.

Observable behaviour:
DI destiny with nehative path (shadow bloodline) - breath works as expected, yet when I select Energy Vortex upgrade the damage type of breath switches to fire. It deals fire damage and when it ends there is even combat log entry "Your energy vortex (fire) effect has been removed from you".

Expected behaviour:
Energy Vortex upgrade respects the chosen path and respective damage type, in this case vortex should deal negative type of damage.