Update 66 Release Notes

plantpower

Sadly, I don't think it matters how many customers they loose over these poor decisions. Maybe the devs themselves didn't have a choice and someone over their head had unilaterally made these decisions before it ever came to Lamannia. One thing I do know from years of experience with this game and its updates... when they make these type changes where no amount of feedback or logic or discussion has any effect... they will not walk it back, they will not ever go oopsie that was too much of a nerf... they will never come back and apologize for ignoring us no they are far, far more likely to double-down. Its take it or leave it, adapt or despair, their rules or the door. So if you can't accept being ignored, if you don't enjoy having your characters and your playstyles repeatedly nerfed or even trashed, if you don't like being told you are having your fun wrong from forumites if not literally from the devs... then this game is probably not for you.

I don't like telling fellow players if you don't like it quit... but I feel I've been told a very similar sentiment in various words for the past 10 years. And through a pattern of behavior that doesn't seem to change from the creators of this game that seems to be the message.
Yup, your best bet is to hope that after a couple years, the dev team/execs have turned over enough that they'll decide they want to do another revamp nobody asked for, and that it works out in your favor the next time

DBZ

Did they fix magma weapon procs to work with inevitable can get a little dps back with that

If it works

Klod

Stuffed with Fluff
If I try to use Knights Challenge or Throw the Boom while walking/running it stops me dead in my tracks and puts the ability on cooldown but doesn't seem to actually fire. I am currently able to work around this by jumping as I use the ability but it definitely didn't behave this way before the update.

Weaponalpha

Actually they are only net adding 1 level 2 quest, as they are taking the two level 2 marketplace quests and making them level 3
They were saying that there are already enough lvl 3 quests not that there are too many lvl 2 quests. This is regarding taking MIA and Sunken and making them lvl 3s. They should have made them lvl 4s since there are fewer of those but it doesnt really matter since only reason to do all is for favor and not getting xp if doing all quests since you cap out earlier.

The Narc

They were saying that there are already enough lvl 3 quests not that there are too many lvl 2 quests. This is regarding taking MIA and Sunken and making them lvl 3s. They should have made them lvl 4s since there are fewer of those but it doesnt really matter since only reason to do all is for favor and not getting xp if doing all quests since you cap out earlier.
I didnt check earlier on when i logged in are these quests still coin lord favor and still the same value? And what is explosive situation worth now on elite.

songswrath

If I try to use Knights Challenge or Throw the Boom while walking/running it stops me dead in my tracks and puts the ability on cooldown but doesn't seem to actually fire. I am currently able to work around this by jumping as I use the ability but it definitely didn't behave this way before the update.
Something that was not broken in 1st place. Unneeded changes

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
It looks like the new split-off AOE version of Knight's Challenge is indeed not set up to allow movement. This has been fixed for an upcoming patch. Thank you!

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
It looks like the new split-off AOE version of Knight's Challenge is indeed not set up to allow movement. This has been fixed for an upcoming patch. Thank you!
While your looking at throw the boom...In my experience the ability seems to have some issues when used at long range, wherein it seems to 'dry fire' is the best term I can think of. Basically I think it has a longer animation range than it does an effective range. It has been this way for quite awhile where Knight's Challenge seems to work at 'long range' but throw the boom does not hit when used at maximum/near maximum range

drjoans

kinda-known member
Yesterday I was leveling my Arti Caster, I liberally use the SLA's in the build and I noticed that I was able to actually fire the same SLA's twice in a row after firing off another ability. At first I thought Oh what a boon! And indeed the ignoring of CD timer seemed so nice but i soon found out that the SP Cost was not what it should be. I'm guessing its firing the SLA with all the meta magics and then firing a normal version with all the metamagics as well but not putting the normal on cooldown and ignoring the timers. IDK the games down now and i can't further test but The SP drain went from me never dropping below 50% in a quest to running on fumes.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If you could turn the brightness on the EA barrier down by 50% (maybe even more than that; 25% of current brightness?), it would be really nice. I'm enjoying using the barrier, but it's blowing my eyes out having that excessively bright spot constantly in the middle of my screen.
DgmZEDd.jpeg
Just did Belly of the Beast and almost died during the end swim because the visual effect made it impossible to see where I was going; all I could see was the flames and not the tunnel to swim thru. I probably could've toggle the mantle off but it wasn't something that crossed my mind during that short period of time that I was trying to swim thru acid and not die.

John3000

After live testing, this update is very disappointing. So many nerfs, it's crazy. Update 66 should be renamed update 666... :devilish:

They should be keeping the game fun for ALL players... Already hard to get new players to join the game, why all these nerfs instead of focusing on content and Quality of life for players ?

Oh well, I guess I'll be playing more ESO... so much less hassle, even if DDO had such great gameplay and potential.

Cheers

rabidfox

The People's Champion
We have modified the following Destiny Mantles to work with Eldritch Blast under these circumstances:
  • EA
    • Angelic Form: Fire damage now triggers on Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Wrathful Form: AoE flames now trigger off Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Angelic/Wrathful Form: Cinders now trigger off of fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
  • Magus
    • Flash of the Eclipse: Cold damage now triggers off Carceri eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Flash of the Eclipse: Negative damage now triggers off of Abyss eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Flash of the Eclipse: Shattermantle now triggers off of either carceri or abyss warlock blasts hitting an enemy
  • Primal
    • Thorn: Acid damage now triggers off of Great Old One eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Heart: Fire damage now triggers off of Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Storm: Electric damage now triggers off of celestial eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Storm: Cold damage now triggers off of Carceri eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Storm: Sonic damage now triggers off of Fey eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
Just gotta say, loving this stuff for letting warlock pact damage type to trigger different mantles. It was nice thing in this update.

Cmecu

Why did you remove the passive healing aura from Exalted Angel?

It wasn't replaced by anything equivalent
I just got to playing my healer today. He is on my other account, I use for raids etc. But I havent raiding in a bit. I started wondering why are people not being healed standing next to me.

I had no idea that removed this. Really? Did they give a reason? I dont get why they would even do such a thing. It boggles my mind all the things broke in this game, things that have so much a higher priority to be fixed or changed.. and someone sitting at that table suggests.. hey.. I got an idea, lets just get rid of this healing aura thats been around forever.. The reason? Just because we can...

Its infuriating how they keep messing with stuff that doesnt need to be messed with, and then avoid the things that do.. No wonder their population of players dwindles.

The Narc

I just got to playing my healer today. He is on my other account, I use for raids etc. But I havent raiding in a bit. I started wondering why are people not being healed standing next to me.

I had no idea that removed this. Really? Did they give a reason? I dont get why they would even do such a thing. It boggles my mind all the things broke in this game, things that have so much a higher priority to be fixed or changed.. and someone sitting at that table suggests.. hey.. I got an idea, lets just get rid of this healing aura thats been around forever.. The reason? Just because we can...

Its infuriating how they keep messing with stuff that doesnt need to be messed with, and then avoid the things that do.. No wonder their population of players dwindles.
The removed it because it was not being used the way they intended for it to be used and made the content negligible and favor farming way too easy for the average joes, thereby making ddo points too easy to get which cuts out of the profit margin.

Edit: it also made reaper xp and loot farming easy too, all of which SSG obviously didnt like the pace at which this easy button allowed these said things to be accomplished

I am happy to see this easy button go.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

GrizzlyOso

Of all builds , healers shouldn’t miss this at all . Just , yknow , heal.

Also I love how they gave this ability recently, but you’re so mad they take it away . Could you not heal before this ability?

My healer has never used it, it was too slow to be that useful in hard content anyway .