What is the plan for players with more than 156 reaper points?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
There should be a dungeon with a "Deathreaper" in it. You have to pay 10 Reaperpoints to enter and fight it. You succeed, you get an awesome reward. When you die, you can chose to either leave the dungeon, or you can chose to get resurrected and keep fighting it for the cost of another 10 Reaperpoints. You die the second time and wanna keep on fighting, the cost for resurrection goes up to 20 Reaperpoints. With your third death the "Deathreaper" kicks you out, laughing his butt off.
Farm 10 RP on a first lifer in under an hour, fight mob, repeat...

Savage

Phoenicis' Wife
It would have to be a solo dungeon without being able to use a hireling. Just daydreaming what options would appeal to me if I had a hilarious amount of Reaperpoints and not know what to do with em. Am far away from it, just slowly getting closer to getting my reaperwings.

And a player should only be able to enter if he got 156 Reaper points or more.

Last edited:

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
It would have to be a solo dungeon without being able to use a hireling. Just daydreaming what options would appeal to me if I had a hilarious amount of Reaperpoints and not know what to do with em. Am far away from it, just slowly getting closer to getting my reaperwings.

And a player should only be able to enter if he got 156 Reaper points or more.
Dont think SSG would create anything which excludes 99% of the playerbase...

ACJ97F

Reaper Past Lives... Upon reaching Max RXP, you have to option to restart at level 1, cash in your entire RXP total, and get a +1 Reaper Stat
boost to one (selector) attribute of your choice! That ought to shut them up... for about an hour. (y)

woq

Adding things to the game that have an actual RXP cost is interesting honestly. It has a lot of applications that mostly come into play at 156+, but you /could/ do it earlier if you made that decision though I presume few would unless the reward/cost ratio was very in favour of the player - and knowing SSG that would not happen should such a thing come to be.

You could have RXP costing consumables - or ones that only work in Reaper. You could have cosmetics, etc. They could work as an alternative carrot post 156, or people could use their rxp to buy stuff if they have no intention of ever running stuff above R1 and mostly prefer heroic/epic tier, where the perks of having excessive amounts of rxp is negligible or downright unfun for some people.

In general, there seem to be a few things in the game that most people have in excess (plat) and some people have in excess (rxp) that we have no sinks for - I think there need to be more sinks. At least platinum sinks, but rxp could be another thing we could throw a sink at.

TedSandyman

How about a reaper TR. You get a really cool cosmetic, I would suggest you become partially transparent but it is cosmetic only. And, in keeping with the idea that the whole point of reaper is to make the game more challenging, your reaper penalties are increased in reaper mode. You can tr multiple times and get a little more transparent and reaper gets a little more difficult.

cooloyo

How about a reaper TR. You get a really cool cosmetic, I would suggest you become partially transparent but it is cosmetic only. And, in keeping with the idea that the whole point of reaper is to make the game more challenging, your reaper penalties are increased in reaper mode. You can tr multiple times and get a little more transparent and reaper gets a little more difficult.
maybe if they let u spend 100 points to but some cosmetics but i dont think ppl r gon be happy to give up all their points just for cosmetic

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
Tell me you don't understand reaper XP progression without telling me you don't understand reaper XP progression.
There should be a dungeon with a "Deathreaper" in it. You have to pay 10 Reaperpoints to enter and fight it. You succeed, you get an awesome reward. When you die, you can chose to either leave the dungeon, or you can chose to get resurrected and keep fighting it for the cost of another 10 Reaperpoints. You die the second time and wanna keep on fighting, the cost for resurrection goes up to 20 Reaperpoints. With your third death the "Deathreaper" kicks you out, laughing his butt off.
Her thought process was: you need 156 or more to enter, if you win, cool reward, if you die, pay 10 points for a res...

If you can farm 10 RP in an hour when you have 156 well, just wow.

Ying

5000+ hours played
That, and the whole thread, it's very telling of what DDO has become....endless grind & power crep addiction.
The TReadmill has existed since heroic true reincarnation was added ~14 years ago. That's never going to change. The power creep is balanced for the new content it's released in. For example if you're using Sharn gear to do Vecna Unleashed content, you're going to be behind the expected power level.

bleach

I get that. It's still surprising to see players ask for more grind tho, instead of you know, playing for fun with some friends. It's like someone who has been in jail for so long they have forgotten life exist out of jail, and when the jailer finally opens the cage instead of leaving they ask them for a new, more shiny, cell

Genkiba

I get that. It's still surprising to see players ask for more grind tho, instead of you know, playing for fun with some friends. It's like someone who has been in jail for so long they have forgotten life exist out of jail, and when the jailer finally opens the cage instead of leaving they ask them for a new, more shiny, cell
The grind is why I like this game. For me it is fun. It's better than whining about nothing to do in other games after you've zerged the current expansion/patch.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
You call it jail and a grind. I enjoy the game and have fun playing with people I like; so much so that I've gotten all the past lives on my main and well over 156 reaper points while having fun. I've got completionist on my 2nd favorite character, doing racials now. Even have a few low-life alts parked at cap for running raids/r10's too. So what you call grind, I call just the natural results that comes from playing a game I enjoy.

cooloyo

yes only ur way of enjoying the game is the freedom loving amerian way, other ppl r too dumb they only know how to play the brainwashed jail bird way. you are truly an inspiration!

Refutor

reaper TR - +1 to all stats (in reaper only) and then you lose all your reaper points and have to go back to 0.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If that's the case, can always do the whole grind again with a new character, you will be busy for years :)
Some people (that are done with a character) want an excuse to use that character for day to day play vs being routed onto an alt. If SSG let any TR/ER I did on my total completionist main be assignable to an alt, that'd be a big win for me; I could play my main and still have a way to pass along progression.