any decent u66 Bow Split?

I dont Like gimps

So since u66 6 Ranger seems somewhat pointless due to Hunts end changes and Im trying to find a new split
I thought about 17rogue 2Wlock 1 Pally but something seems off
I wanna avoid the 5 Pally Splits for obvious reasons that shant be disclosed here....
Im not exactly keen about Monkcher stuff cuz that gives me Swap vibes and then I might aswell go full thrower

So basically anyone got their 2 cents on Bow or is it just a good old take it or leave it (a.k.a go thrower)?

Darkspyre2000

So since u66 6 Ranger seems somewhat pointless due to Hunts end changes and Im trying to find a new split
I thought about 17rogue 2Wlock 1 Pally but something seems off
I wanna avoid the 5 Pally Splits for obvious reasons that shant be disclosed here....
Im not exactly keen about Monkcher stuff cuz that gives me Swap vibes and then I might aswell go full thrower

So basically anyone got their 2 cents on Bow or is it just a good old take it or leave it (a.k.a go thrower)?
I'm thinking 2 Rogue (Assassin for imbues), 3 Paladin for (KotC for light imbue & AoE Exalted Shot), 15 Dark Hunter but enhancements in DWS, racial enhancements (if any) in Wood Elf to access AA for additional imbue dice.

unbongwah

Strimtom has already posted a pure F2P ranger build. Main drawback AFAICT is it lacks a Battle Trance, but if you're F2P your options are restricted until you either unlock one of the appropriate Universal trees or splash cleric / Dark Apostate which costs you the Deepwood Stalker capstone.

Rogue 12 / Dark Hunter 6 Horizon Walker should still be a solid split. Sniper Shot is as much for the sneak-attack vulnerability proc as it is for the extra damage per shot. [RIP Hunt's End + Sniper Shot combo though.] Third class could be, e.g., barbarian 1 for run speed (barb 2 for Blood Tribute), paladin 2 for KotC Light imbue and Exalted Shot, monk for Master Fire stance's crit multiplier bonus, or Dark Apostate (Silver Flame) for Apostate's Curse Imbue (nothing resists Evil damage AFAIK).

I've been mulling pure paladin or Favored Soul CHA-based builds, but it's all just theorycrafting so far, I haven't pulled the trigger on anything.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Paladin T5 is mostly pointless since Horizon Walker T5 gets you the same competence crit, and a bunch of other useful bow stuff. Plus Paladin ranged enhancements are still buggy. Splashing 3-4 Ranger, or racial paths into AA, may be useful for the new Elemental Inferno AoE attack since it's only a 3sec cooldown. But you're gonna have to build around spellpower which is counterintuitive for bows and not easily done while maximizing your base weapon damage.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Also, don't sleep on Favored Enemy from Ranger levels. Combined with the Horizon Walker capstone, you make any target you mark a Favored Enemy. You get 5 FE from 20 Ranger, and can easily pick up FE: Animal from Falconry T1 along with FE: Undead from T1 VKF and FE: Fey from Shiradi Champion. Combined with FE: Marked Target and FE: Extraplanar, that's 10 FE you get which is 20 base damage. Most people don't understand how insanely good that is, or that you get double the FE damage bonus versus any of the 9 FE types you chose. And you can choose FEs that cover every raid boss in the game.

I dont Like gimps

Also, don't sleep on Favored Enemy from Ranger levels. Combined with the Horizon Walker capstone, you make any target you mark a Favored Enemy. You get 5 FE from 20 Ranger, and can easily pick up FE: Animal from Falconry T1 along with FE: Undead from T1 VKF and FE: Fey from Shiradi Champion. Combined with FE: Marked Target and FE: Extraplanar, that's 10 FE you get which is 20 base damage. Most people don't understand how insanely good that is, or that you get double the FE damage bonus versus any of the 9 FE types you chose. And you can choose FEs that cover every raid boss in the game.
I definetly felt The FE when i ran 20 ranger thrower :D

I dont Like gimps

Paladin T5 is mostly pointless since Horizon Walker T5 gets you the same competence crit, and a bunch of other useful bow stuff. Plus Paladin ranged enhancements are still buggy. Splashing 3-4 Ranger, or racial paths into AA, may be useful for the new Elemental Inferno AoE attack since it's only a 3sec cooldown. But you're gonna have to build around spellpower which is counterintuitive for bows and not easily done while maximizing your base weapon damage.
we know why pally 5 is a thing *blink* and I would only go 5 pally for that exactly reason (; but Im not into abusing stuff rn <3

Last edited:

droid327

FE: Evil Outsider + FE: Lawful Outsider + FE: Marked Target = 3x bonus vs Reapers