Holy Presence

droid327

I think Til's explanation is thorough and self-evident.

I would also love to have a mass heal like that on a short timer! I will take wail on the same timer instead. :)

Til is not a dev, though. They're the ones actually making the decision, so I think its fair to say they're the ones that actually need to explain their justification

Baahb3

EA mantle already applies fire/light a few times. In addition Holy presence fully heals all nearby targets, so applies Heal, a level 6 cleric spell to an unlimited number of nearby allies, so is essentially auto-casting Mass Heal, the most powerful cleric spell, a level 9 spell with extended cast time, automatically with no cast time or cost every 6 seconds.

The correct balance for Holy Presence would be for it to apply Close Wounds a level 2 cleric spell, randomly to one nearby ally, since it is already also already applying fire/light level 2 damage spells. For it to be passive, we make it the weaker level 2 cleric healing spell. Automatically applying close wounds when soloing would do 13 healing x 8 (spell power 700) * 3 (200 AMP) * 1.7 (crit) = 530 points of healing on tick would be fair and balanced.
Currently it does 1d4+1 per caster level. Mass Heal is 10 points per caster level. It is also just HPs, not all the benefits of the Heal spell. Stating it 'fully heals all nearby targets' is a bit over the top, not to mention comparing it to the Heal spell. You also have to put yourself into harms way a bit to have this effect hit everyone, rather than tossing it from a distance.

I have a thousand positive spell power on my healer and I see between 800 and 1400 on most targets depending on their HAmp. i.e. Not 'fully heals'. That is part of the problem with their heavy handed nuking.

Not everyone runs with decked out players that have 200+ HAmp, or have the equipment and quite frankly player skills that you run with Tilomere. This change probably won't hurt or maybe even be noticed by you and your group. But for a larger portion of the game than you may want to consider, this will negatively impact their play...in a big way.

Having said all that. If they want to tone it down, fine. I would be less angry if they came out and said that Holy Presence is over performing so we are going to drop that 1d4+1 down to what Positive Energy Aura from RS is, or whatever they decide. I would begrudgingly accept that rational. But just giving this vague, 'it is OP' and 'unwanted patterns of play' and then just deleting it, is BS.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBZ

droid327

Currently it does 1d4+1 per caster level. Mass Heal is 10 points per caster level. It is also just HPs, not all the benefits of the Heal spell. Stating it 'fully heals all nearby targets' is a bit over the top, not to mention comparing it to the Heal spell. You also have to put yourself into harms way a bit to have this effect hit everyone, rather than tossing it from a distance.

I have a thousand positive spell power on my healer and I see between 800 and 1400 on most targets depending on their HAmp. i.e. Not 'fully heals'. That is part of the problem with their heavy handed nuking.

Not everyone runs with decked out players that have 200+ HAmp, or have the equipment and quite frankly player skills that you run with Tilomere. This change probably won't hurt or maybe even noticed by you and your group. But for a larger portion of the game than you may want to consider, this will negatively impact their play...in a large way.

Having said all that. If they want to tone it down, fine. I would be less angry if they came out and said that Holy Presence is over performing so we are going to drop that 1d4+1 down to what Positive Energy Aura from RS is, or whatever they decide. I would begrudgingly accept that rational. But just giving this vague, 'it is OP' and 'unwanted patterns of play' and then just deleting it, is BS.

Also that's only looking at it from group healing's point of view. A lot of the people upset about this are soloers, who have to deal with Reaper self-heal reductions on top of that, which makes it far less OP. (outside of LN/LH solo raiding, which is a legit concern, but one that could be addressed without nerfing auto-heal entirely)

Kyrr

"somewhat unpopular" LOL

Yeah they really have been obviously avoiding giving a real justification for it...which can only lead one to believe that they know its not really justifiable...

"Its a little OP" does not lead to the total nuking from orbit we see in U66, or the complete intransigence of the devs to compromise about it
Cordovan does state it's overpowered. It's their game with their free choice of will what to hit with a hammer. I just prepare for the worst because as we've seen with Warlock, Inquisitive, Alchemist, etc. they are going to come out swinging rather than punting.