Unique augments from Challenges

Grunndi

I’m on board, the cannith challenges are pretty fun and interesting but there’s basically no reason to run most of them.

Whether it’s some cool augments, or some other actually useful reward I’m all for it.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I can barely stand doing some of them on HC just for the favor; the idea of suddenly having to grind them for "desirable and unique augments" sounds so painful to me. But it does sound like some of you enjoy them.

ducki

The Ugly Duckling
I can get behind this, I personally quite like some of the challenges, personally think that they should give out cosmetics from completing some # of them. ie. Completing 10 challenges gives you ten reward tokens that you can trade for, say a warforged pseudodragon.

ducki

The Ugly Duckling
I can get behind this, I personally quite like some of the challenges, personally think that they should give out cosmetics from completing some # of them. ie. Completing 10 challenges gives you ten reward tokens that you can trade for, say a warforged pseudodragon.
Didn't realize I said personally twice in a row, makes reading it weird, sorry! :)

Visik

It would be nice to see a revamp of cannith and establish challenges to incorporate desirable and unique augments such as :
1) profane or quality bonuses
2) blurry/displacement
3) exceptional speed
I like the idea of providing augments as potential rewards in Challenges, but I think what belongs there are Skill augments. Currently the only way to earn them in-game is as a potential random outcome from turning in collectables. And with 6 Abilities and 21 Skills, the odds of getting the Skill you want are near-zero. And that's only on the MLs where turn-ins of collectables for a random augment work at all, which caps at L8. Want a +5 Swim augment? Turn in about 1000 collectables and you MIGHT get that.. among the pile of others you don't need or want. Want a +13 or higher Swim augment? Too bad. Try looking on the AH for a few years or maybe you can get one in the DDO Store.

And, ironically, those most likely to want Skill augments are crafters using blanks with augment slots.. the players with the least ability to invest thousands of collectables on the off-chance they'll get the augment they want.

saekee

long live ROGUE
It would be nice to see a revamp of cannith and establish challenges to incorporate desirable and unique augments such as :
1) profane or quality bonuses
2) blurry/displacement
3) exceptional speed
It would be cool too if they added mythic upgrades to Cannith challenge gear

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
It's deprecated content. Too little R.o.I to spend any time on it.
I wouldn't be certain about that. Attack on Stormreach was similarly deprecated two years ago - heck, the original chain's a full year older - and that got an extensive overhaul.