Update 63 Release Notes

Darstav

About the lines:
Update 63: Illithid Invasion is a limited time event in which you'll scour Reaper difficulty dungeons throughout the game to locate these powerful invaders!

Cards from the Deck of Many Curses can appear in end chests throughout Update 63's Illithid Invasion quests.

The way it's written seems to imply that the cards only drop during the event and are not the normal drop from the new quests. Is that correct?

Nola

So far, I hate this. The champs appear everywhere, not just in the special event quests, and ALL champs have been replaced by these thrall champs that hit hard and have weird DR. If you're lucky enough to pull more than one, they buff each other, making it way too hard of a fight. To top things off, if you're not in the legendary quests, there is absolutely no reward for killing them, other than standard mysterious remnants. So, the event benefits some, but hinders anyone who runs any quest on hard, elite, or reaper. I hope this ends very, very, very soon.

Owlbear

So far, I hate this. The champs appear everywhere, not just in the special event quests, and ALL champs have been replaced by these thrall champs that hit hard and have weird DR. If you're lucky enough to pull more than one, they buff each other, making it way too hard of a fight. To top things off, if you're not in the legendary quests, there is absolutely no reward for killing them, other than standard mysterious remnants. So, the event benefits some, but hinders anyone who runs any quest on hard, elite, or reaper. I hope this ends very, very, very soon.
I don't think they were supposed to spawn on Hard or Elite. In the announcement they stated it's only for Reaper. So I think SSG made an oopsie... again (same thing happened last event with new Champions)

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
I don't think they were supposed to spawn on Hard or Elite. In the announcement they stated it's only for Reaper. So I think SSG made an oopsie... again (same thing happened last event)
The champions are indeed meant to spawn on all difficulties that normally spawn champions.

Ahpuch

The champions have no different effect in Legendary. It is just a different kind of champ for all users. The only thing that is Legendary is the new quests that will get unlocked over the next week.

PersonMan

When you "kill" an Invader is there supposed to be some feedback to the player that they did anything important?

(Combat): You killed Illithid Invader.

That is all it gives me.

CBDunk

When you "kill" an Invader is there supposed to be some feedback to the player that they did anything important?

If you are the first on a server to kill that particular invader there will be a global announcement... and you should let people know where you found it so they can join in and kill it enough times to 'drive it away'.

Ungermax

Master Artificer
Yeah this event is broken I think

I just stepped into Ruinous Schemes on r3 which I can solo with my eyes shut, there was a single psionic champ that destroyed me quicker than I could throw up a single heal... on top of that we are supposed to be excited about finding these "illithid" glorified champs which seem to appear across multiple levels (meaning no one group can find them all) so in other words, guys theres some new content, but some BS mechanic standing in your way, until some imaginary goal is hit and then you can just have this new content anyway, not to mention that in most of the f2p quests the loot is garbage anyway... so what exactly is the point of giving a damn? Yes some of us like extreme difficulty but I do not think this has been thought out very well, if at all. PLUS it seems like even if a certain spawn point is exhausted the new NPC doesnt recognise this, so we are essentially running Lammania for it on live servers.

I bet you will see very soon a patch that "corrects" something that isnt working with it.

In addition the new crafting system is random, so most of the time/resources spent is wasted given that this entire game is based on optimised gear, so,

I think I will just wait til this nonsense is over.

DDO Gaming

Its always a good sign when you log into DDO and instead of seeing any character you see the spinning circle.

Absolutely no lag here folks :ROFLMAO: 👍

CBDunk

Not according to the Release Notes.

There is a new mob type called 'Illithid Invader' which are appearing ONLY in certain dungeons of various levels (3rd and up so far) on reaper difficulty. That is what the release notes are referring to when they say you will find "powerful invaders" in reaper difficulty.

These are DIFFERENT from monster champions. Monster champions have always spawned on Hard difficulty and higher. For this event they are still spawning on hard difficulty or higher. They are just DIFFERENT champions, called Psionic Thralls. This is similar to how there are different champions in Hard difficulty and higher during Night Revels and other events.

Illithid Invaders - Reaper only
Psionic Thrall champions - Hard and up