Update 63 Release Notes

Tensenmo of Argo

Archers/=Casters
About this line:
  • New copies of Vinelasher Bracers and Legendary Vinelasher Bracers have a correctly scaling Improved Deception effect.
Do we need to reacquire this item for the correctly scaling Improved Deception effect?

DDO Gaming

Ok so I'm running around the marketplace. Is there some
Is that due to a limitation on your end, or a decision you made? Because it feels *really* bad to have to re-farm something you already own just so it's brought up to par.
I'm guessing they created two new items that need to be farmed

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I'm guessing they created two new items that need to be farmed
But we know that it *is* possible for them to change all existing copies of an item to alter an effect on them, as it's been done in the past. So either something is different this time, or they're just not being nice. Would like to know which.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
What is timed in this event specifically? The unlocking of the quests? So if we stop farming we wouldn't get the quests? Or is it the card drops?

Thanks for clarification.

Cheers,
Titus

Last edited:

CBDunk

What is timed in this event specifically? The unlocking of the quests? So if we stop farming we wouldn't get the quests?

There is no time limit that we know of.

Rather, the Illithid Invaders that we need to find in various quests are not all active at once... there was a first wave, which have now all been found and then tomorrow there will be a second wave... and eventually 3rd and 4th waves. Completing each wave unlocks one of the new quests. So, the 'timed' portion of the event is simply that there is a delay before the appearance of each subsequent wave.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
There is no time limit that we know of.

Rather, the Illithid Invaders that we need to find in various quests are not all active at once... there was a first wave, which have now all been found and then tomorrow there will be a second wave... and eventually 3rd and 4th waves. Completing each wave unlocks one of the new quests. So, the 'timed' portion of the event is simply that there is a delay before the appearance of each subsequent wave.
So this roughly 1 week is determined by the spawn rate of the locations so to speak? Is this your assumptions or is there an official source? I haven't found anything so far.

Cheers,
Titus

CBDunk

So this roughly 1 week is determined by the spawn rate of the locations so to speak? Is this your assumptions or is there an official source? I haven't found anything so far.

When the first eight Illithid Invaders had been driven off the first new quest, Pilgrims' Peril, became available to play and the event NPC in Sharn updated his text to say that the second wave would begin two days after the start of the event. That feels fairly official.

If we then extrapolate we get;
11/1 - Wave 1
11/3 - Wave 2
11/5 - Wave 3
11/7 - Wave 4

Wouldn't you know... it works out to about a week.

Balvix

So far, I hate this. The champs appear everywhere, not just in the special event quests, and ALL champs have been replaced by these thrall champs that hit hard and have weird DR. If you're lucky enough to pull more than one, they buff each other, making it way too hard of a fight. To top things off, if you're not in the legendary quests, there is absolutely no reward for killing them, other than standard mysterious remnants. So, the event benefits some, but hinders anyone who runs any quest on hard, elite, or reaper. I hope this ends very, very, very soon.
I havnt had a problem with this, been running r4 with 2 of my guildmates, our toons are just our static group toons, with only a couple of lives and about 20 reaper points total. I understand that doing it solo might be an issue, but so far its been ok.

droid327

But we know that it *is* possible for them to change all existing copies of an item to alter an effect on them, as it's been done in the past. So either something is different this time, or they're just not being nice. Would like to know which.

They didnt want to deal with the complaints of people who had socketed their +15% Topaz of Speed they bought in the DDO Store in their Vinelash and had it deleted when they updated it to the new item version

CBDunk

Download hanging for days. Cant even get into the game!!!

Any chance you've got a slowish internet connection? I've had that exact problem, at the same 88% Patch dat files point, MANY times in the past while trying to update using my phone as a wireless hotspot while travelling. Getting on a faster / more stable connection took care of it every time. If that isn't an option, you might try for an extremely low usage time (e.g. 3am) in hopes of getting the best connection possible.

Unfortunately, in my experience, if you get stuck anywhere during that 'Dat files' section of the update then it starts over the next time you try... most other sections of the download you can make incremental progress by restarting after it locks up. For that portion you need to get all the way through in one go or it will just start over from scratch over and over again.

Guenhwyvar

It's not about connection, it's a known issue. That problem, and the solution for it, was described in the old forums, but I can't find it anymore.
Any chance you've got a slowish internet connection? I've had that exact problem, at the same 88% Patch dat files point, MANY times in the past while trying to update using my phone as a wireless hotspot while travelling. Getting on a faster / more stable connection took care of it every time. If that isn't an option, you might try for an extremely low usage time (e.g. 3am) in hopes of getting the best connection possible.

Unfortunately, in my experience, if you get stuck anywhere during that 'Dat files' section of the update then it starts over the next time you try... most other sections of the download you can make incremental progress by restarting after it locks up. For that portion you need to get all the way through in one go or it will just start over from scratch over and over again.

PsycProfAmy

So far, I hate this. The champs appear everywhere, not just in the special event quests, and ALL champs have been replaced by these thrall champs that hit hard and have weird DR. If you're lucky enough to pull more than one, they buff each other, making it way too hard of a fight. To top things off, if you're not in the legendary quests, there is absolutely no reward for killing them, other than standard mysterious remnants. So, the event benefits some, but hinders anyone who runs any quest on hard, elite, or reaper. I hope this ends very, very, very soon.
I completely agree. I'm a solo player and completing saga quests on elite is nearly impossible at level or below level. I'm going to wait until I'm at least one level above elite to try. The number of times I died in quests that I normally don't die in yesterday was ridiculous.

Spook

For buffs they tend to make you reacquire the item for nerfs it is usually a change to the existing item. Not saying I agree with this it is what it is.

Ungermax

Master Artificer
Indeed, the idea as a whole isnt bad its just too intrusive. To top this off, the LFM at least on Thelanis actually seems quiet at the moment, so it is even harder to get stuff done in some areas.

I like that the event encourages reaper difficulties, as in theory it could have been one of many steps taken to bridge the gap between new and established players... It just seems there is a lack of incentive. Maybe the missing ingredient is a substantial boost in Reaper XP during the event.

Double RXP until the invasion ends? NOW we're talking. Heck, there is even time for this to be added when the 3rd/4th quest comes available