Year of the Dragon NPC Temporarily Disabled

Volarr

Delivering goods/services to the customer on time and as advertised is business 101. Failing to do so on a consistent basis indicates systemic issues with the company's day-to-day processes.
  • If you hire a contractor to fix your house, you expect them to deliver as promised and on time. A contractor would be out of business if they had to come back to every job site to fix things they messed up the first time.
  • If you buy a product new in box from the store, you expect that item to work as advertised. If a company produced items that were frequently broken or had issues from the factory, consumers wouldn't buy their product anymore.
  • If you go out to a restaurant, you expect your food to be served in a reasonable time-frame and as ordered. People would never return to a restaurant that messed up every other order and had people waiting excessive time for their food. They too, would run out of business.
I want SSG to fix their quality control issue, not because I have a lack of patience or need to chill out, but because I want what's best for their company and for them to succeed. Constantly having to perform re-work to fix mistakes leads to two problems:
  1. As noted above, it upsets their consumer base and gives them a bad reputation. I can guarantee there is a non-zero dollar amount to the profits SSG has lost due to this issue. Is it one dollar or thousands? Obviously, I don't know, but at least one person (and likely many people) have withheld spending their money on this game due to quality control issues.
  2. Re-work costs the company time, and by extension, money. Because of these issues, and issues with every patch, devs are forced to go back and re-work things they have done. These devs aren't working for free, so that lost production time costs the company money directly in the salary they pay their employees. SSG is now paying their devs for re-work instead of producing new work for the company. That new work would have turned into more content and ultimately more money for the company to sell. This one is a double whammy - SSG loses money directly by paying wages to employees to do re-work that shouldn't have to be done, and SSG loses money indirectly on not producing products that they could have sold in the future.
Take for example the 2nd teleport page from the Guild Airship Captain that's now bugged. The devs added Gatekeeper's Grove to the teleport list, but now the list is too long, goes off the page, and players can't see the option to select "more options." Whichever dev worked on that project, while good intentioned, did not perform the task to completion. Simply adding in Gatekeeper's Grove to the line of code, without verifying its impact to the game, is incomplete work.

I don't care about the event delay, and I'm not upset that I have to wait to get my reward. I've bought all the expansions and could care less about a loot elixir. I'm upset that this company has proven themselves incapible of producing quality first time work. I love this game, and want SSG to be as successful as possible so that I can continue playing. This kind of performance from their company is completely contrary to the goals of both SSG and myself.
Sadly, they have proven that after reading all our negative posts we don't deserve anything on time or correct.

Almghandi

it was actually kind of a sarcastic question cos im stuck downloading the patch "Unknown Error: E_Fail"

managed to finish downloading the patch... gonna wait a while before risking logging in. been offline for a week and before that just tr'd. hope nothing broke.

rikkitikki

Delivering goods/services to the customer on time and as advertised is business 101. Failing to do so on a consistent basis indicates systemic issues with the company's day-to-day processes.
  • If you hire a contractor to fix your house, you expect them to deliver as promised and on time. A contractor would be out of business if they had to come back to every job site to fix things they messed up the first time.
  • If you buy a product new in box from the store, you expect that item to work as advertised. If a company produced items that were frequently broken or had issues from the factory, consumers wouldn't buy their product anymore.
  • If you go out to a restaurant, you expect your food to be served in a reasonable time-frame and as ordered. People would never return to a restaurant that messed up every other order and had people waiting excessive time for their food. They too, would run out of business.
Are we sure about this? Your statements about restaurants just made me laugh. SSG practices are much better than the goods/services at McDonalds.

When I go to McDonald's I expect the order to take longer than a fast food restaurant should. To the point where going to a sit down restaurant might be faster. I expect that when I order food through the drive through that I will get the food the way I ordered it maybe 10% of the time. So no I don't agree with you people still go to McDonald's with the poorest customer service I have seen anywhere SSG is not even close to McDonald's.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
Are we sure about this? Your statements about restaurants just made me laugh. SSG practices are much better than the goods/services at McDonalds.

When I go to McDonald's I expect the order to take longer than a fast food restaurant should. To the point where going to a sit down restaurant might be faster. I expect that when I order food through the drive through that I will get the food the way I ordered it maybe 10% of the time. So no I don't agree with you people still go to McDonald's with the poorest customer service I have seen anywhere SSG is not even close to McDonald's.
I heard their office building just around the corner from Mickey D's.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
I heard their office building just around the corner from Mickey D's.
But they not doing this to us on purpose and lately their customer service has been leaps and bounds better than the none existent customer service I experienced in the past so keep up the good work and keep moving in the right direction and give us a way to squelch visual effects or better yet to pick and choose which ones display.

Kritikal

The fries are better at McDonald's than at SSG.

Sweyn

Your anecdotal perception of McDonald's (and completely missing the point of my post) does not align with the importance of quality control in restaurants. Quality control is one of the factors (albeit not the only factor) on why some McDonald's locations are more successful than other McDonald's locations.

"Consistency is paramount in the restaurant industry. Customers expect the same level of quality and service each time they visit a restaurant. Inconsistent food quality, service mishaps, and negative customer experiences can quickly tarnish a restaurant's reputation. With the prevalence of online reviews and social media, negative word-of-mouth can spread rapidly, significantly impacting a restaurant's success. It's crucial for restaurants to prioritize consistency in all aspects of their operations, from food preparation to customer service. Regular training, quality control measures, and attentive management can help ensure that every customer has a positive and consistent experience."