Turn off pool under feet

Kritikal

Not sure if this has been asked or answered somewhere.

Is there any way to turn off the circular pool underneath the feet of my Dragon lord? I TR'd into a black dragon lord, and it looks like I am standing in a green pool of acid.

VERY IMMERSION BREAKING.

Dragavon

There is a setting for the alchemist thing, maybe that works for dragon lord too?

If not it should, it is very disturbing if you do not like it.

Kritikal

Unfortunately, it does not.

Why make changes like this without giving the players to options to turn them OFF?

This is just like the overhead trap/spot door/locked teddy bear that breaks immersion.

Owlbear

I really like the electricity effect of the blue one. And it's a nice way to keep your character in sight when there are a lot of enemies and stuff happening around you. I prefer the base circle over the huge upgraded ones though. And it could use like a 50-75% transparency value so it's not that in your face cosmetic. Sometimes when I move around it seems to get less bright though.

Last edited:

Kritikal

I really like the electricity effect of the blue one. And it's a nice way to keep your character in sight when there are a lot of enemies and stuff happening around you. I prefer the base circle over the huge upgraded ones though. And it could use like a 50-75% transparency value so it's not that predominant in your face. Sometimes when I move around it gets less bright though.

That's fine and I'm not trying to ruin your fun. I just want an option to turn it off on my characters, because it really does ruin my fun.

Shrimpboat

I came here to say two things.
- Thank you very much for the new archtype!
- I cannot stand the big shining square that blocks the view of every floor puzzle in the game.

Chuck_Roast

I came here to say two things.
- Thank you very much for the new archtype!
- I cannot stand the big shining square that blocks the view of every floor puzzle in the game.
I had this exact problem, and found that my DirectX setting under Options was set to DirectX9. I changed the setting to DirectX10 and DirectX11, and the big, bright glowy square the size of a puzzle tile that completely blocked my view went away. So try changing your DirectX setting in Options and restart the client.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Not sure if this has been asked or answered somewhere.

Is there any way to turn off the circular pool underneath the feet of my Dragon lord? I TR'd into a black dragon lord, and it looks like I am standing in a green pool of acid.

VERY IMMERSION BREAKING.
lol IT'S ALL a part of you having bought AWESOME content. *cough*

voenixa121

And make it only show for the player that plays the character, if he/she choses to and not all others, please. It is the same issue like Warlock back in the day.

Cheers,
Titus
But isn't that the point of the visual? So that others see you have a buff aura?

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I am not overly familiar with Dragonlord yet. Is there an added advantage that others see the buff aura? Everyone sees the icons in the buff bar already.

Cheers,
Titus

Last edited:

Kritikal

I am not overly familiar with Dragonborn yet. Is there an added advantage that others see the buff aura? Everyone sees the icons in the buff bar already.

Cheers,
Titus

^^^ This.

There is a buff bar at the top of the screen that shows when you are in an aura. This is un-needed, period.

OPTIONS PLEASE.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
And now we get 3 more icons to clog the bar. One dev consolidates another adds. Working in opposite directions.

Bracelet

What does this glowing thing look like? I am seeing a bright white blurry square under some players. I thought it was a bug of some kind.

Chuck_Roast

What does this glowing thing look like? I am seeing a bright white blurry square under some players. I thought it was a bug of some kind.
That is what I was referring to above - the bright white square is what I saw when using DirectX9. Once I changed it to DirectX10 or 11, it turned into a large circle around my character's feet that was far more transparent, and generally in the color of the chromatic dragon you choose for your Draconic Soul enhancement. You'll need to change your DirectX setting in Options.