changes to tumble BAD!

Icedash

the Unforgiven
I'll probably be in the minority here, but I kinda like it, I'm aware most veterans would probably prefer an easy way to speed up the TR train but as it is right now it kind of has a use in combat / feels more like a somewhat useful tool to have unlike before where it was just a way to zoom zoom really fast. Just my 2 cents on it. Cheers :p

Eme

I'll probably be in the minority here, but I kinda like it, I'm aware most veterans would probably prefer an easy way to speed up the TR train but as it is right now it kind of has a use in combat / feels more like a somewhat useful tool to have unlike before where it was just a way to zoom zoom really fast. Just my 2 cents on it. Cheers :p
I preferred tumble before it became that obviously wrong fire hydrant that would pave the way for easy nerfing

pame12

Back when you could zoom zoom it was more useful in combat, now it doesn't even work when you need it most (when you're slowed).

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation

I'd argue it was rarely used for dodging / mostly just zooming from one wave of mobs to the next while zerging the quest.
I'd argue there were more uses for tumble than just 'zooming'. Before, it was useful in combat or while sneaking ; now it's mostly unusable and , furthermore, it's bugged: it breaks stealth.

Xaerxiessia

Lost in Translation
Tumble breaking stealth seems pretty WAI to me, tbh. I would probably be more likely to notice a dude rolling across the floor than if he slowly crept along the wall in the shadows. ;)
not only while rolling , by standing still too and invisible with 'Cloak of Night' ^^

Sheikra

I was a person who used tumble a lot to move faster, and I loved it. Despite that, I think I actually like the new tumble better. I think the current charge system is a little restrictive and could be better, but I still find myself constantly using tumble and the dodge bonus comes in handy a lot. I do wish it was easier to see the charges too... work to be done nut a step in the right direction.

Fluffy624

The biggest problem i have with the new tumble is that pause while the 1 sec buff is up won't let you tumble again immediately but will still take a charge if you try. Also being able to at least chain 2 tumbles together would make it much more useful for getting out of mob pile ons. Even if using 2nd charge doesn't extend the dodge buff. And 8 seconds to refresh a charge is far too long. Can feel like an eternity in melee combat. Should be 4-5 secs with enhancements dropping it down to maybe 2.

woq

The idea is good, it has potential but the current implementation is a flop for me. Made all the more disappointing by throwing it on lamannia and everything thats unfun, broken or UI unfriendly about it lived through lamannia to see the light of live. There was no need to rush this implementation.

Recharge time feels excessive, amount of charges is very low for the recharge duration, inability to do consecutive tumbles at all, inability to tumble while slowed, inability to see charges without becoming a stationary muppet, sometimes getting stuck, sometimes losing charges without a tumble resolving... I was optimistic but the more I've been using the more it's grinding my gears. Even though it sometimes is useful the times it's infuriating are making me use the new system less and less for anything that isn't out of combat fidgeting.

ACJ97F

Are changes occasionally right? Sure, accidents happen, but basic feedback like "add a CD to Experimental, leave normal Tumbling" shouldn't
cause them to make changes like they guzzled Kool-Aid at a Grateful Dead concert.

I know at least one designer's played far too much Mechwarrior, because they seem to think a H.U.D. is awesome, so aside from the Runearm
charge UI, forehead traps we can't turn off, and new Hulk-pips, I'm expecting advertisements for the new IPhone to appear, to offset VIP loss.

saekee

long live ROGUE
no charges, just give it a brief cooldown that gets lessoned by your tumble score and maybe thief acrobat enhancements.

This will prevent the speed movement use while still making it useful.

I don’t like seeing the green lights when I am blocking for other reasons.

Archaic

It's not about rolling your way through quests...those were in the minority. It was a movement mechanic that was at one time fluid the whole thing feels constipated.

pame12

no charges, just give it a brief cooldown that gets lessoned by your tumble score and maybe thief acrobat enhancements.

This will prevent the speed movement use while still making it useful.

I don’t like seeing the green lights when I am blocking for other reasons.
That's actually how it worked before the charges. When you tumbled, it imposed a cooldown period that was about 0.7 seconds when you first learned the leap animation (the faster one) and the more skill points you had the lower this cooldown was.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

I agree. I liked the tumbling around but like it as it is now. Couple more base charges would be good but otherwise I've no complaints. 🙂👍

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I have several issues with the current implementation of tumble, in no particular order:
If you are out of tumble charges you are locked in place when blocking.
If you try to tumble twice consecutively, you will (usually) lose the second tumble charge but not tumble (I haven't monitored to see if you DID get the bonus to dodge and reflex)
Eight seconds is WAY to long a cooldown with three max charges.

I would have FAR preferred they simply remove the experimental tumble controls. It was awkward as heck to use tumble, but it was at least kinda-sorta fluid. Now, it is painful at best to use tumble.