28 hrs of 50% pot

I was unsure if this was a possible bug on char examine sheet. Have noticed the same player with 20+ Hours of a 50% pot for months now. Most of the times they are capped at level 32. Is this a bug or is the person just a big spender?

Sarlona Raiding

It's likely they are working on first-time legendary reaper quests and trying to max out rxp.

Big spender is relative. If you buy the big point bundle with bonus points and buy 50% xp potions on sale it comes out to about 40 cents per hour. It was even cheaper if you purchased the traveller trunks at 75% off.

If you opted instead to invest more time into ddo to accumulate the same xp it would take you an extra 27 hours to earn the same rxp you get from 60 hours worth of xp potions assuming you are using ship buffs/vom but not vip.

So the choice is spend $24 with 60 hours of game play or spend 87 hours of game play to earn the same rxp. Some people value the 27 hours more than $24. Many earn $24 in under an hour.

As an aside, with VIP is a much cheaper way to buy xp for those play a decent amount of hours each week. It's about half the cost of potions if you average playing 10 hours per week.

Just another exploit : duping xp pots. It have been like 5+ years, never fixed.

It feels like this game's devs don't have control of their game, or they even encourage exploit & duping.
I'm leaning more towards this, I'd say seeing said toon w/ 20+ hrs of 50% pots has been going on for over a year at this point. Their guild got in trouble for it back on Ghallanda, since the transfer it appears they either kept a mass reserve of pots or are still at it. ;)

Sarlona Raiding

I'm leaning more towards this, I'd say seeing said toon w/ 20+ hrs of 50% pots has been going on for over a year at this point. Their guild got in trouble for it back on Ghallanda, since the transfer it appears they either kept a mass reserve of pots or are still at it. ;)

I have no knowledge of the specific people and case you are speculating on.

I wouldn't lean in to hard on the conspiracy theory. I know many people that run xp potions constantly and don't think any of them are exploiting anything beyond their own bank account. Bonus points were available recently and xp potions are 25% off this week. So I would expect to see more people using potions.

I also don't really think 20 hours of a potion is a big deal. That is a little more than 3 potions. If you see 8000 hours that might give you a reason to go "hmmmm".

I have no knowledge of the specific people and case you are speculating on.

I wouldn't lean in to hard on the conspiracy theory. I know many people that run xp potions constantly and don't think any of them are exploiting anything beyond their own bank account. Bonus points were available recently and xp potions are 25% off this week. So I would expect to see more people using potions.

I also don't really think 20 hours of a potion is a big deal. That is a little more than 3 potions. If you see 8000 hours that might give you a reason to go "hmmmm".
28 hrs (meaning they had at least 30hrs, or 5 pots) for months... or a year, whenever the free server transfers happened. Nevermind the constant slayer pots ticking while they're level 32 as well. Just a bit interesting is all ;)

I personally am always on a 30% pot, as I have boughten several otto's to use them while constantly leveling. Constanly running 50% pots at level cap is a bit odd is all.

police police
stirring-the-pot.png

Sarlona Raiding

28 hrs (meaning they had at least 30hrs, or 5 pots) for months... or a year, whenever the free server transfers happened. Nevermind the constant slayer pots ticking while they're level 32 as well. Just a bit interesting is all ;)

I personally am always on a 30% pot, as I have boughten several otto's to use them while constantly leveling. Constanly running 50% pots at level cap is a bit odd is all.

It's 40 cents an hour to run 50% potions. I understand this is alot of money for some people, but consider it's not that much money for a significant percentage of people playing the game, including yourself apparantly.

It can be a bit hard to reconcile that statement with the statement you buy enough otto's boxes to continously run 30% potions. That is more expensive than buying 50% potions and less effective for earning rxp. Obviously the person using xp potions at cap is focused primarily on rxp. If buying points on sale, he is getting those 10 50% potions for less than you pay for your box with 5 30% potions.

It's 40 cents an hour to run 50% potions. I understand this is alot of money for some people, but consider it's not that much money for a significant percentage of people playing the game, including yourself apparantly.

It can be a bit hard to reconcile that statement with the statement you buy enough otto's boxes to continously run 30% potions. That is more expensive than buying 50% potions and less effective for earning rxp. Obviously the person using xp potions at cap is focused primarily on rxp.
Then why are they using a 200% slayer as well? I'd be curious to know how much RP they have exactly, but they do have reaper wings so AT LEAST 75 points.

Very smart statement to say the 50% pots at cap would be used for Rxp, get the hounds off the trail. ;)

Sarlona Raiding

Then why are they using a 200% slayer as well? I'd be curious to know how much RP they have exactly, but they do have reaper wings so AT LEAST 75 points.

Very smart statement to say the 50% pots at cap would be used for Rxp, get the hounds off the trail. ;)

I have no information about the situation you are referring to, but your accusation seems non-sensical to me.

1) Someone running 50% xp potions that costs 40 cents per hour seems like an exploit to you
2) You run continuous 30% xp potions - all from boxes you purchase. You are spending significantly more than the person you are accusing while likely earning less rxp.

Last edited:
I have no information about the situation you are referring to, but your accusation seems non-sensical to me.

1) Someone running 50% xp potions that costs 40 cents per hour seems like an exploit to you
2) You run continuous 30% xp potions - all from boxes you purchase. You are spending significantly more than the person you are accusing.
1) Not only me, been pointed out to me by several people, and have noticed this for over a year at this point.
2) I don't run them at cap and stay at cap, have yet to see this toon below 32.
3) As aforementioned, the guild they're in were infamous for uh, what you know I'm referring to that you "have no information about".
Just another exploit : duping xp pots. It have been like 5+ years, never fixed.
Sad this is the case, but what else can we expect. I just wish the Dev's would crack down on it, sort of like the multiple curses on items.

Sarlona Raiding

1) Not only me, been pointed out to me by several people, and have noticed this for over a year at this point.
2) I don't run them at cap and stay at cap, have yet to see this toon below 32.
3) As aforementioned, the guild they're in were infamous for uh, what you know I'm referring to that you "have no information about".

Sad this is the case, but what else can we expect. I just wish the Dev's would crack down on it, sort of like the multiple curses on items.

Personally I think this type of accusatory post has no real place on the forums and shouldn't even be allowed. It does nothing to help the community and I am not even sure the problem is real - if it is it should be addressed via pm to the staff and not litigated on the forums.

The accusation itself doesn't even make any sense to me. It costs 40 cents an hour to run 50% xp potions continously. With the play pattern you describe - running 30% potions continously just from boxes you buy - you are spending over double that amount. So why would someone spending half of what you spend be a "big spender" and suspicous? I don't get that at all.

Using xp potions at cap to earn more rxp is a thing even though you don't do it.

Personally I think this type of accusatory post has no real place on the forums and shouldn't even be allowed. It does nothing to help the community and I am not even sure the problem is real - if it is it should be addressed via pm to the staff and not litigated on the forums.

The accusation itself doesn't even make any sense to me. It costs 40 cents an hour to run 50% xp potions continously. With the play pattern you describe - running 30% potions continously just from boxes you buy - you are spending over double that amount. So why would someone spending half of what you spend be a "big spender" and suspicous? I don't get that at all.

Using xp potions at cap to earn more rxp is a thing even though you don't do it.
I didn't name names, simply inquired if other players had noticed similar things amongst the playerbase. This is a public forum, where public inquiries occur. Also gauging if this is a "reportable behavior" and if the dev's would even entertain something like this. Maybe they're not engaging in an exploit, how would I know without engaging the forums and pinging what others thoughts are?

It in fact does help the community, bringing light to the eyes of people whom may be unaware of this, and also if it is an exploit I'm speaking of, the dev's will put a stop to it. Which DOES help the community and game. As I said, maybe they are buying thousands of 50% pot's (Enough to constantly burn for... for ease let's say a year), if that is the case, they would HAVE to be max RP.

Col Kurtz

Just make a screenshot, and PM a DM with your question ;)

No, reason to start a conspiracy in the public forum. Where's that Tinfoil Hat picture again?

Just make a screenshot, and PM a DM with your question ;)

No, reason to start a conspiracy in the public forum. Where's that Tinfoil Hat picture again?
Inquiring, not starting a conspiracy. I'm not the only one who's noticed amongst the playerbase. One quick search on the other non-filtered ddo forums can bring up anything and everything.

I won't name names, the players know what everyone does as this is a small playerbase game. It's very noticeable to people who play regularly.

Br4d

When I see someone with a big backlog on XP boost I assume they acquired the pots legally.

This is not hard to do and it is not particularly expensive.

Fallout47

I was unsure if this was a possible bug on char examine sheet. Have noticed the same player with 20+ Hours of a 50% pot for months now. Most of the times they are capped at level 32. Is this a bug or is the person just a big spender?
I have bought many Heroic Otto's over the past couple of years. I have let the Greater Loot pots build up in shared bank. So you're telling me, that should I decide one day to swallow 90+ of those at 6 hours per, my reward would be to be reported by a little mouth breather like yourself?