U61 Patch 1 Preview 2 Additional!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torc

Systems Developer
We are updating Lammania with two addition bug fixes of some import.

1. Projectile's failing to fire fix! - So we discovered that SOME deco objects which are set to no physics can stop a player from generating a projectile if their origin point is inside that physics. Like a twig could cause this if it's right under your feet... We've been chasing this issue for awhile and have high hopes this might really resolve many of the reports we've been getting. Please grab that bow or spell and blast through some content on Lammania. The fix is pretty deep in the code so we'd like to catch any edge cases now.

2. Time Stop - This Magus ability will no longer cause Boss/Raid Boss to stop attacking (which was never intended). As a result we've had to make the effect no longer set the helpless condition on bosses. Instead the Boss will take 60% more damage from all sources except bane similar to a vulnerability effect. (up from the 40% helpless base, but of course not increasable by other helpless damage bonuses).

-T

Zuldar

2. Time Stop - This Magus ability will no longer cause Boss/Raid Boss to stop attacking (which was never intended). As a result we've had to make the effect no longer set the helpless condition on bosses. Instead the Boss will take 60% more damage from all sources except bane similar to a vulnerability effect. (up from the 40% helpless base, but of course not increasable by other helpless damage bonuses).
Any chance that could get bumped up to 70%? Most DPS classes are getting 25% more helpless damage from enhancements, 15% from crush weakness, and ≈15% from their destiny mantle; this is a pretty big nerf in terms of damage and setting it to 70% would help ease it a bit.

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

This is a huge nerf. DPS has 3 categories of multipliers, helpless being one. At the surface it all looks very similar. When mathing it, say we have 100 damage. 20% vulnerability (Vacuum), 35 prr debuff (Dust), and just base helpless 50%. 100 * 1.20 * 1.35 * 1.50 = 243. That would be the old timestop. Now under the new timestop that damage becomes the same 100 * 1.80 * 1.35 = 243.

But what about the builds that had helpless damage stacked up over the base 50%? Well they got nerfed with this.

Ahpuch

This is a huge nerf. DPS has 3 categories of multipliers, helpless being one. At the surface it all looks very similar. When mathing it, say we have 100 damage. 20% vulnerability (Vacuum), 35 prr debuff (Dust), and just base helpless 50%. 100 * 1.20 * 1.35 * 1.50 = 243. That would be the old timestop. Now under the new timestop that damage becomes the same 100 * 1.80 * 1.35 = 243.

But what about the builds that had helpless damage stacked up over the base 50%? Well they got nerfed with this.
We are not certain your math is correct. It says "like vulnerabilty" not 60% more vulnerability. I would have put the new calc more like
100 * 1.20 * 1.35 * 1.60 = 259.

So if some one has more than 10% bonus to helpless then it will be a nerf. If they have less than 10% it will be a boon. It will be a nerf often enough but TimeStop is not always running so the negative effect is far from "huge nerf" imho. I like Zuldar's suggestion of boosting it to 70% (or even 65) but not enough to get too outraged.

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

. I would have put the new calc more like
Usually all percentage based buffs/debuffs are in their own category of multiplier. Things like bard 6% damage, turn the tide, consecrated ground, paladin capstone 3%, etc. This is where vulnerability falls into.

Edit : a mistake I made is not multiplying the percentage based debuffs/buffs into one. 1.20 * 1.60 = 1.92. That would then be 100 * 1.92 * 1.35. Or 100 * 1.92 * 1.35 = 259.2!

Torc

Systems Developer
We are not certain your math is correct. It says "like vulnerabilty" not 60% more vulnerability. I would have put the new calc more like

So if some one has more than 10% bonus to helpless then it will be a nerf. If they have less than 10% it will be a boon. It will be a nerf often enough but TimeStop is not always running so the negative effect is far from "huge nerf" imho. I like Zuldar's suggestion of boosting it to 70% (or even 65) but not enough to get too outraged.
it will stack with "generic" vulnerability, so say 20% from vul stacks, +60% from Time Stop would result in 180% damage, however now looking at how the helpless damage mod factored in, we're going to have to raise this higher I think...

Dragxon

it will stack with "generic" vulnerability, so say 20% from vul stacks, +60% from Time Stop would result in 180% damage, however now looking at how the helpless damage mod factored in, we're going to have to raise this higher I think...

This is a huge nerf to Time Stop. Most endgame dps builds have 45%+ helpless damage. My current build has 80% helpless and the meta barbarian build has around 95%.

As it was magus was a difficult tree to justify going tier 5 in because it has a lower power than the other epic destinies and pretty much the only redeeming thing about the tree was the power of Timestop and with you suggesting a 33-50% nerf to the power of it (not including stopping red names from attacking) then it will become a fringe tree.

Rub-A-Dub-Dub

When I tried to add up damage from debuffs/buffs the math on percentage based debuffs would not add up correctly when applied as additive, leading me to believe that all the percentage based sources multiply together into one multiplier. Also, you have base helpless at 40%. Wiki states it is 50%. Has it been changed to 40% internally?

Torc

Systems Developer
When I tried to add up damage from debuffs/buffs the math on percentage based debuffs would not add up correctly when applied as additive, leading me to believe that all the percentage based sources multiply together into one multiplier. Also, you have base helpless at 40%. Wiki states it is 50%. Has it been changed to 40% internally?
The original helpless effect from time stop actually reduced the helpless bonus damage by 10%. So when time stomp is your source of helpless it's 40% bonus, while typical helpless is a base 50%.

Viamel

The original helpless effect from time stop actually reduced the helpless bonus damage by 10%. So when time stomp is your source of helpless it's 40% bonus, while typical helpless is a base 50%.
Right, but timestop was also frequently a reason to build in extra helpless damage so while the base might have been lower, people specifically speccing for to play with timestop are losing signficantly more damage. Also, does the ability not lose its flavor somewhat if the boss isn't Helpless?
If the ability could also just aoe clear non-deathwarded creatures seeing as the damage is being nerfed, that might go someway to helping it :)

Might be an idea to look at other types of debuffs via spells in game since this unintended one is getting nerfed. A review of debuff spells might be in order to make some of them actually good against bosses.

Vespherous

We are updating Lammania with two addition bug fixes of some import.

1. Projectile's failing to fire fix! - So we discovered that SOME deco objects which are set to no physics can stop a player from generating a projectile if their origin point is inside that physics. Like a twig could cause this if it's right under your feet... We've been chasing this issue for awhile and have high hopes this might really resolve many of the reports we've been getting. Please grab that bow or spell and blast through some content on Lammania. The fix is pretty deep in the code so we'd like to catch any edge cases now.
Will you also look into fixing how Pin, The Pluck of a String, and Arrow of Discord work with projectiles?

Smokewolf

@Torc

My biggest gripe with TS is that its pretty useless for non-bosses, as the area of effect is too small to be functional. (Never mind the 5 minute cooldown) Practically it's only in-game use has become applying "Helpless" to a boss to speed up raid DPS for a short period of time. "Cut the Strings" (CtS) on the other hand, has a usable area of effect and a reasonable cooldown. Sure CtS can't be used on a raid boss but is far more useful in the overall game.

My Ask: Would it be possible to increase TS area of effect while reducing its cooldown?

Cheers!

-Smoke

Last edited:

Lominal

On a related note, if you're taking to to adjust timestop, can you fix the issue that it has a roughly 50-50 miss chance on larger monsters (Dryad bear, MA titans, THTH titan, Kor kaza). It's quite annoying to have a raid oriented epic moment that sometimes just does nothing. I think the issue had to do with the hitboxes/size but not sure on specifics, only the result

VinoeWhines

Assassin
  • All of the active poison attacks up the line are now +3W, use full rogue level for their DCs instead of half, and now make certain enemies that would be immune to poison, weak to poison.
    • Ice Chill = Undead
    • Heartseeker = Elementals
    • Soulshatter = Outsiders
Toxin Affinity is the only source of Imbue Dice in Assassin Tree while soo many trees are getting extras in their Cores and upper Tier Enhancements.
Adding Imbue dice in Assassin Cores and upper Trees would line up the Imbue dice for this Tree to be "close"(er) to all other Trees.
  • Alchemists are getting extra per levels 3,6,9,12,15,18 plus in 4 Cores.
  • Clerics get them in their Cores as well as other classes.
  • Casters are also getting them in other Caster Feats.

On the subject of reducing Cooldowns, with the change of Quivering Palm using Assassinate as it's DC and how other Classes/Trees are getting Assassinate(Dark Hunter/Falconry), the cooldown of Quivering Palm being six seconds should reflect the same cooldown of Assassin's Assassinate(12 seconds) or vice a versa.
Assassinate should also be on a six second cooldown or have the ability to lower it to 6 seconds to be in line with Quivering Palm.
Quivering Palm is allot less complicated to land as it does not have to be in stealth or "sneak attacked" to go off and a Rogue has to go through more hoops just to land it, while as others have said a Caster from a far, just has to raise a finger from a safe distance to land their instakill and can lower their cooldowns down to 4-6 seconds as well.
With all the abilities to recoup Spell Points, that angle of cost is no longer a comparison issue anymore.

Stealthy: +25/50/75% enchantment bonus to movement speed while sneaking.
  • Bug: If you jump or fall down to a different surface while sneaking, your speed may reset to a slower value until you exit and re-enter sneak mode, or switch weapon
  • Also /75% enchantment bonus to movement speed isn't there.
Moving the Rank 3: +25% Competence bonus to maximum hit points, from Light Armor Mastery instead to Measure the Foe's Rank 3 would be a better place to be in as not all Rogues use Light Armor as they use Cloth/Robes and this Enhancement does NOTHING for Rogues that wear cloth, since they don't even get the +6 PRR from this enhancement as well.

There are a lot of cool abilities that synergize with Stealth play style that could of been put on in Rogue Enhancement Tree:

*Dark Hunters Throw Bear traps based off of Disable Device
* Smoke Bomb
* Monks aggro Dummy Hate Magnet or even the Turret from Arti type placement
* Feydarks familial aggro pet spawn

• Bring back Rogues Cheat Death(Monks still have Rise of the Phoenix)
  • Vorpal on 20, Rogues use to have that in the later Core(Monks still can get it in their cores)
  • Also an ability to Distract mobs by a throwable Noise Maker in Stealth or a throwable Flame Sphere to draw mobs attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.