DDO no audio out (bad sound hooks)

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Bug Report Number:
DDO is pretty bad at hooking audio at times where if one tabs out while the game is loading (or just RNG decides to be a problem) then there's no audio output choices available; one is forced to close and reboot the game. Please fix this someday.

I'm just used to this bug but was highly amused this time around when I had no audio choices for my sound but had all my audio choices for voice output. It's an impressive level of buggy to glitch this way.
TAFGHos.jpg

PersonMan

For me 64-bit client has an issue where it copies my first audio device and just uses that for Slot3+ instead of the actual devices meant to be on those slots.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
It usually happens when you launch ddo and something else (like discord) also using sound at the same time (or at least DDO is starting)

Eme

happens so often it is annoying.

There seems to be a moment during character selection when it starts up the audio, a bad time really as it should be sooner on launch, but I have noticed it happens far more often if you click and load your character too quickly after the selection first appears, but if you wait a couple of beats after the selection appears before clicking anything, the sound seems to be fine. So, would suggest checking and possibly moving the load position of sound stuff in the game's start up routine.