Lamannia Update 66 Preview 2 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Frybri73

I know for a fact I could cause lag on demand with dots. I had brought it up many months ago. I viewed that as something that could be used for griefing, but apparently it was also used to oneshot things or proc multiply things.
if I have this right.. I envision a party of clerics aggroing everything and spamming turn. that wouldnt cause any issues. and is so far underpowered as compared to the current hot.

Elves United

if I have this right.. I envision a party of clerics aggroing everything and spamming turn. that wouldnt cause any issues. and is so far underpowered as compared to the current hot.
yep just like a party of Shadowdancer tanks each taking turns grabbing all the aggro and wiping out mobs with their epic moments.

Raedier

You guys should just get rid of MCL. It's mostly useless, and tedious or confusing where it's not.

Useless: Nobody's going to start using a newly uncapped regular fireball in their rotations, as later options (DBF, meteor swarm, etc) are still vastly superior.

Tedious: keeping track of MCLs is not easy, as they are split across various channels (by school, by element, etc) and sources, and are not tallied up anywhere.

Confusing: self explanatory, with countless examples including this most recent one on these forums. You guys should make this game more straightforward to understand for veterans and newbies alike, especially if you hope to attract more new people (MCL is just one item to streamline).

Overall, MCL is an unnecessary layer of complication, and its removal could be balanced out in other ways in the few areas it would actually matter.
Getting rid of MCL would not just get rid of unnecessary complexity, it would also open up the use of so many more spells! More spells=more fun!!

Reifee - Orien

The frustrating part is from a RP aspect.

A level 40 player should know how to apply magic better then a level 30.

Actually it should be much more powerful.

The Issues that people seem to have with this "power creep" seems off base. The power of a Level 40 character should be 2-4 times the power of a Level 20 character. Sure, the mobs have more HP, this Should also make it more challenging down the road.

Who cares of DB can hit for 41k, mobs have 80k so its not a one shot wonder.

Killing mobs with a single spell is common and not really an issue. I tested DB @ Lam and decided its not worth even learning or actually working on that tree. I'm not a Completionist, I tend to run around 1200ish Fire spell power and excellent (non raid) gear. Fireball does more damage, has a faster refresh. Why Even click that button when I can click FB, DFB, Meteor swarm and rotate those?

Sad it was a really nice burst of damage every 15 seconds. Sure it was buggy and didn't always hit but it wasn't bad. I wonder how scorch now compares.

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Updates and a bug round-up after some more internal tinkering:
  • We have fixed a few targeting bugs with Energy Vortex in Draconic Incarnation that should hopefully make the ability much more reliable. Most notably, you should no longer need to have an enemy targeted during the initial cast of the spell. Note that I am saying "we" here but in reality this was all Torc. Thanks, Torc!
  • We have modified the following Destiny Mantles to work with Eldritch Blast under these circumstances:
    • EA
      • Angelic Form: Fire damage now triggers on Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Wrathful Form: AoE flames now trigger off Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Angelic/Wrathful Form: Cinders now trigger off of fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Magus
      • Flash of the Eclipse: Cold damage now triggers off Carceri eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Flash of the Eclipse: Negative damage now triggers off of Abyss eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Flash of the Eclipse: Shattermantle now triggers off of either carceri or abyss warlock blasts hitting an enemy
    • Primal
      • Thorn: Acid damage now triggers off of Great Old One eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Heart: Fire damage now triggers off of Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Storm: Electric damage now triggers off of celestial eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Storm: Cold damage now triggers off of Carceri eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Storm: Sonic damage now triggers off of Fey eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
  • We've fixed a particularly pernicious bug that prevented melee and ranged attacks with bonus damage from scaling that bonus damage with a doublestrike or doubleshot.
  • We've fixed another particularly pernicious bug where Sneak Attack Dice gained from Rogue or Dark Hunter levels were not counted as "Sneak Attack Dice" for the purposes of abilities that counted how many you had, which will mostly just result in a big boost to Shadowdancer's utility and DPS
  • We have un-broken Turn Undead after breaking it for this Lamannia preview
  • We have made the visual effects for Wrathful Form in Exalted Angel a lot less explodey and loud

Thanks so much for your wonderful feedback, and if you have any further thoughts, questions, or suggestions, let us know!

Last edited:

Edrein

• We have modified the following Destiny Mantles to work with Eldritch Blast under these circumstances:
    • EA
      • Angelic Form: Fire damage now triggers on Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Wrathful Form: AoE flames now trigger off Fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Angelic/Wrathful Form: Cinders now trigger off of fiend eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
    • Magus
      • Flash of the Eclipse: Cold damage now triggers off Carceri eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Flash of the Eclipse: Negative damage now triggers off of Abyss eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Flash of the Eclipse: Shattermantle now triggers off of either carceri or abyss warlock blasts hitting an enemy
    • Primal
      • Thorn: Acid damage now triggers off of Great Old One eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Storm: Electric damage now triggers off of celestial eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
      • Storm: Cold damage now triggers off of Carceri eldritch blasts hitting an enemy
  • We've fixed another particularly pernicious bug where Sneak Attack Dice gained from Rogue or Dark Hunter levels were not counted as "Sneak Attack Dice" for the purposes of abilities that counted how many you had, which will mostly just result in a big boost to how Shadowdancer's utility and DPS
Great changes but could you please consider allowing Celestial pact damage to proc EA as well? That seems more thematically appropriate than Fiend, even if I get that you mechanically went with fire damage on the fire proc.

Also can normal eldritch blast also proc Thorn. Given Thorn is keyed to piercing damage, ergo force spellpower. This would give all warlocks (Abyss is the odd man out in Primal Avatar) an universal option in Primal opposed to picking what matches their pact damage type.

Also not to beat a dead horse, but the Sneak Attack Dice fix was also applied to the four Wolf wildshapes as well just in case?

Last edited:

rabidfox

The People's Champion
We have modified the following Destiny Mantles to work with Eldritch Blast under these circumstances:
  • EA
  • Magus
  • Primal
Damn, that's some nice warlock love there.

Lotoc

• We have fixed a few targeting bugs with Energy Vortex in Draconic Incarnation that should hopefully make the ability much more reliable. Most notably, you should no longer need to have an enemy targeted during the initial cast of the spell. Note that I am saying "we" here but in reality this was all Torc. Thanks, Torc!
    • EA
    • Magus
    • Primal
  • We've fixed a particularly pernicious bug that prevented melee and ranged attacks with bonus damage from scaling that bonus damage with a doublestrike or doubleshot.
  • We've fixed another particularly pernicious bug where Sneak Attack Dice gained from Rogue or Dark Hunter levels were not counted as "Sneak Attack Dice" for the purposes of abilities that counted how many you had, which will mostly just result in a big boost to how Shadowdancer's utility and DPS
  • We have made the visual effects for Wrathful Form in Exalted Angel a lot less explodey and loud

Thanks so much for your wonderful feedback, and if you have any further thoughts, questions, or suggestions, let us know!
I do have a question about Angelic Form, is it keyed to trigger the light damage only on Light spells or is it Light/Alignment?
Thinking here of the AotS eyebeams which I believe are keyed as Evil Alignment spells for proc effects it would be nice if it worked.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I do have a question about Angelic Form, is it keyed to trigger the light damage only on Light spells or is it Light/Alignment?
Thinking here of the AotS eyebeams which I believe are keyed as Evil Alignment spells for proc effects it would be nice if it worked.
With Utterdark Blast, we swap from the default of force to evil damage for any warlock blast. It would be nifty if that triggered the light damage in EA's mantle (but I don't know if they want alignment stuff to trigger that or not; or just "light" only spells).

Sholekar

• EA
    • Magus
    • Primal

Thanks for these! There were some substantial changes brought up in preview 2 that weren't in preview 1. With still 2 weeks until the 28th, will we be getting a 3rd preview for U66?

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
Angelic Form and Wrathful Form do both trigger off of Alignment Spells. Alignment spells proc the Light damage portion of the damaging mantle. And yes, AotS stuff will work with both of these versions!

droid327

Angelic Form and Wrathful Form do both trigger off of Alignment Spells. Alignment spells proc the Light damage portion of the damaging mantle. And yes, AotS stuff will work with both of these versions!

Any chance "we" could look into expanding the Warlock Epic Feat prereq to include Ultimate Pact Attunement, like how Sacred Fist got access to Epic Martial Arts?

Adding options to Fiend Pact is super nice, but its kinda pointless if you cant actually scale your Pact damage through Epic if you multiclass too much (despite the whole idea of AotS being that you can multiclass and still get full EB progression)

Scrag

Any chance "we" could look into expanding the Warlock Epic Feat prereq to include Ultimate Pact Attunement, like how Sacred Fist got access to Epic Martial Arts?

Adding options to Fiend Pact is super nice, but its kinda pointless if you cant actually scale your Pact damage through Epic if you multiclass too much (despite the whole idea of AotS being that you can multiclass and still get full EB progression)
Kind of pointless if you cant strip fire as a aots.

Scrag

well except for the grand majority of mobs that arent fire immune...lol

They're not sorcs, they have 2 other elements
Turning off your pact dice as an aots critically impairs your damage capability. A fully kitted out, high fire spellpower atos was the least fun character I have ever played. There were quests I simply could not complete solo at all and had to bring in help that did pretty much any kind of damage i did not do.

You could not pay me enough money to burn life away doing that again without a strip capability. And to be honest, the experience was so bad I doubt I would try again even if I had a strip capability.