Recent content by AMess

1. A

What Three Things Do You Love Most about DDO?

oh dear, based on results, I'm beginning to think our relationship between players and developers may be on hard times. Is there such a thing as group forum therapy? should we get an outside counselor...I mean, come on, this is one my longest relationships here, we can work it out, eh? ;)
  2. A

Thanks for Nothing SSG

yeah, there's a fairly large reward delta between LH-Raids & r10 quests. r10 quests alone gives you the equivalent of a pot & quests take 5-7 mins vs raids in the 15-20 range....but, if you want raid gear, you'll use your pot on raids. meaning, there is more than luck at play in this comparison.
  3. A

Thanks for Nothing SSG

I think giving a choice of expansion pack or pot is mildly irritating, b/c as original poster noted, it can literally be nothing. Though, it's free and only mildly bothersome, however when you take it in the context of lag, tumble nerf, tool-tip not matching game play (bugs)...and well, if you...
  4. A

DPS Too High: Was it my fault?

Perhaps if your poll could have this option: Is it my fault: Yes, after the first time you pulled agro you should have waited for the tank to build more agro then resume attack. And let tank build agro for each new encounter or take breaks during attack to stay behind tank's agro. Seems like...
  5. A

"(MELEE)" Threat gen.

this is tricky subject. for raids melee dps does not want threat. for typical questing melee dps may want some threat so as to pull threat off of casters/archers. the design issue here is that threat is not easily scaled up and down. There are heroic enhancements, epic destiny, and gear that...
  6. A

Feels like Something is Wrong

well, yes & no & it'll be alright & doom. also, this is the state of budget development, im not saying all games are like this, just that if you write a bunch of changes and you're product is generally ok, folks will hang around if they're entertained, but tolerance for issues has...
  7. A

Population in recent months

I blame spring for the lower population, I guess folks are going outside and playing in the sun...sounds horrifying ;) the other side of this coin is a bunch of ppl are on and it causes more lag, so it's both a curse and a blessing.
  8. A

What the heck is on my screen

some of my character's have two tumble charges others have 3, how can I get more?
  9. A

Vertical scaling up of VM

blerg, I guess we're role playing at being SSG game architects tonight (I put on my +1 goggles of copying [Reading Glasses] and my +2 gauntlets of mighty pasting[Carpal Tunnel Wrist Brace]). well, i suspect the long upgrade last week was a code base rollback...pure conjecture of course, but the...
  10. A

Airship Captain's Farshifter options are still working (work-around)

I'm no gaming developer, but seems to me like you could put the Gatekeeper's Grove option at the bottom, allowing Farshiter to appear...in this way the Gatekeepers portal is an option for some that know the work around & for those that don't it works like before. Plus, when scroll bar...
  11. A

End game DPS

Like @Steeme I also spend a lot of time with folks who use English as a second/third language & I think @Steeme is probably close. Interestingly, we tend to think there is a best way to use words, though may overlook that language evolves. There have been some studies on the evolution of...
  12. A

Lag has become the elephant in the room.

Well, sad to report, on Orien and an hour after new release/restart and it's fairly laggy. Got one good raid before it got bad. I'm wondering if the data center changes traded smaller more frequent lag for data center destroying issue. is this new normal? any other servers see issues? maybe...
  13. A

Lag has become the elephant in the room.

It seems to me that lag is baked into the architecture, not intentionally, but b/c of the architecture it's an easy formula to evaluate. Specifically, we see more lag the longer a server has been up & the more players are on a specific server the more lag we seem to have. For the first one, we...
  14. A

Downtime Notice: Wednesday, April 24th 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

Blerg, all the hate over a single free pot and VIP...I mean, I get it, it's not what I'd consider enticing, but we all influence each other. meaning anger is contagious. I know my post won't change much, but maybe instead of complaining about the free stuff, we can provide ideas about how we'd...
  15. A

What's the point of crafting if you can only make the same seemingly random combinations as on looted items?

I have a character with nearly max cannith crafting and another with all the past lives. if you intend to knock out all the past lives and build gear for select past lives, then cannith crafting can help out. however if you're a casual player, it's most definitely not worth the time/effort...