Recent content by Bjond

1. Bjond

U68 Preview 1: Wild Mage Sorcerer Archetype

Yeah, I figured as much -- I'm not a D&D fan, though, so I don't know particulars of any modules. Messing with the fundamentals of several classes doesn't end well. I saw that happen in EQ1 where they decided that it was OK to make some raid bosses totally immune to magic as a way to increase...
  2. Bjond

Multiboxing

Hardly. It's speculation. Reasons for not being open. FYI, an open launcher means nothing when there's a process reader running. If a total stranger offers to enter your house, catalogue everything, and give you a list, do you open the door for him? Let's add that he's wearing a full...
  3. Bjond

IMHO, the entire archetype would be MUCH better served with random magnitude changes rather than random useless fluff; eg. CL and/or power is increased or decreased based on good/bad surge. CC'ing or hurting the caster is horrifically bad; that should not be done. You can add a "bad" surge to...
  4. Bjond

Dragon Disciple is gonna be lit !

They're going to find a way to reuse that store-mount. Druid can with a pet or dragon-form or both, but doubles up on archetypes. Dragon-style Monk makes sense from a Kung-Fu & Year-of-the-Dragon theme, but how does it reuse the mount? Barbarian 5e has a wild magic variant and they like...
  5. Bjond

List of Quests where DDoor is Useful

Just recalled a good one for solo'ing Ghosts of Perdition: skip the 1st brother, hurt 2nd brother, ddoor, stroll back to 1st brother and kill him, jog down to 2nd brother and finish. Turns out door'ing out from 2nd brother keeps it in combat, so it never regains HP. This makes it easy to pair...
  6. Bjond

Bug? Prison of the Planes, no docent?

No hirelings. Found by just randomly clicking on the floor. It spawned, but was invisible. It showed up AFTER clicking on it.
  7. Bjond

Bug? Prison of the Planes, no docent?

Anyone seen this? Finish end fight (kill both bosses), but the trash minions keep spawning. After slaying them all, the area stays stuck in dolar/darkness-mode and there's no docent on the ground. Chest spawned. Can be looted. But no docent to finish for XP. Wondering if there's some rare...
  8. Bjond

Dragon Disciple is gonna be lit !

If we eliminate classes that already have Archetypes as well as Sorcerer (which is getting one in U68), this is what we have left: Barbarian, Rogue, Wizard, Monk, Favored Soul, Artificer, Alchemist Of that remainder, Barbarian's chaotic nature fits the myth-dranor wild magic areas the best...
  9. Bjond

WM tree is taking the place of EK tree; perhaps consider adding highly defensive features to the tree (that maybe conflict with the offensive side of the tree the way cleric cores can fight each other).
  10. Bjond

U68 Preview 1: Wild Magic & Surges General Info

Suggestion for color-blind neutral warning: icon over the head or transparent overlay on character (like EK's armor overlay). Icon could be a symbol such as +/=/- for easy understanding. Overlay is more fun; eg. superimpose or even change the body of the character to a bullywug before frogging...
  11. Bjond

DPS test

Those numbers from my thrower should be looked at with suspicion, btw. I just noticed some really weird things with it's front & back panel ranged alacrity. It's showing an 20% ranged alacrity on the front side even naked. The VKF tree is the only thing that should be adding ranged alacrity...
  12. Bjond

DPS test

As enhancement, it shouldn't stack. Last I checked, ROF hard-cap could be reached with whirling wrists & zero alacrity. Just logged my thrower to make sure and it's still pretty close: 76/m with 20% & no whirling 82/m with whirling & no gear 86/m with whirling + 20% I don't have a shuriken...
  13. Bjond

Dual Wielding Sentient Weapons

I keep expecting there to be a WILL save to avoid being dominated by your own sentient weapon, scaled up by SXP.
  14. Bjond

DPS test

LOL .. thanks. I was curious if I'd missed an update to it. :)
  15. Bjond

Anyone have a favorite CC one-handed weapon?

Is it bugged? Mouse-over has keen as bypassing only on vorpal. On-crit would be uh, v.nice. You could skip fort bypass gear entirely.