Recent content by Blunt Hackett

1. B

What Single Thing about DDO do you Hate the Most?

Most of my pet peeves aren't on the list. My top one is that there are WAY too many mediocre builds. Each enhancement tree and epic destiny should be able to make a fun and capable build. There's too much disparity.
  2. B

Does Anyone Ever Use DDO to Substitute the Experience of a PnP Session as I think the Game may have Originally be Intended for?

Yes, but Neverwinter Nights is a better experience for this (not Neverwinter the MMO, to be clear). It was made to simulate D&D, and there are a lot of great modules that are like a full campaign. I feel like DDO has a bit of a disconnect from the PNP, rules aside. Playing a quest pack feels...
  3. B

You're going to take this VIPLP and you're going to like it.

You can value something personally and still see facts on the ground. No matter how much you value it, the new VIP loyalty program doesn't amount to what value it has lost. Its personal value is subjective. The lost value is objective fact.
  4. B

After Myth Drannor, might I suggest something Maztica?

That didn't stop turning Year of the Dragon into a completely unrelated year-long anniversary. Edit: It's unfortunate that we have to throw the baby out with the bathwater though. Tons of things in every culture have been the result of cultural exchange, and many cultures recognize and think...
  5. B

You're going to take this VIPLP and you're going to like it.

I think what new players it does attract will just annoy them once several of the benefits lapse in the switch to Premium. That's the main reason I couldn't care less about the program.
  6. B

Argo just crashed

Yeah, and I was deep into Danger at Dunwater.
  7. B

Thursday May 2nd? No sales or weekend bonus today?

Yeah, launcher has it, but it would be nice if they were announced here consistently.
  8. B

The Anniversary Event Flop

Yeah, if this was so easy they wouldn't have started doing NPC vendors for expansion pack extras. I can't imagine this month's reward going well if an expansion selector were dropped in everyone's inventory.
  9. B

I hope it is good for the game, but it hasn't been good for me yet. This month would've been awesome if I hadn't already bought the expansions. I hope the boxes later this year are good.
  10. B

Yeah, and class archetypes have been free until this one. So really it's something that would have been free, but now it was free to claim for a month but is now 995 DDO points.
  11. B

Myth Drannor - Portal?

Except that portal has an in-depth storyline that allows for the connection. Having another portal breaks that a little since having a level 13 portal open up kind of minimizes the impact of that story. However, I always felt the Hall of Heroes did that too, so what's one more at this point...
  12. B

Underused Enemies

A huge bat like the huge spider in Kind of a Big Deal would be awesome!
  13. B

Underused Enemies

I agree with this. It's why I didn't suggest a balor or vrocks. But there are monsters that are underrepresented that don't necessarily need to be that way. As much as I like the sphinges in White Plume Mountain and The Endless Revels, we don't have an evil one. I don't think there should be...
  14. B

Underused Enemies

There's definitely not nearly enough spiders ;) In seriousness, I hope we see a few more dragons in Myth Drannor, even cooler if they're metallic. Their are other inevitables in D&D, but we only have a handful and they're all maruts. It would be nice to have a few more quests with warforged...
  15. B

Since Vecna Unleashed is NOT part of April Curate your XPAC...

Yeah, a box with a choice of items with lasting value would have felt like a thanks for spending lots of money. The elixir feels like getting a vacuum for Valentine's day.