Recent content by dogonovo

1. dogonovo

Going to give Baldur’s Gate 3 a try

Camera in NWN works pretty much exactly like DDO, except you can't get as close to First Person. Some modules (and servers!) use cutscenes sometimes that take your control away obviously, but normally you select between Camera Follow and Free Mode which work like in DDO.
  2. dogonovo

Going to give Baldur’s Gate 3 a try

This is probably the only MMO forums/community where I won't feel like I am trolling if I mention Neverwinter Nights :) Likely not something definite, but if folks played Lineage 2 (and many other games, of course) the lack of Jump mechanics won't be as shocking. It's an old game, the graphics...
  3. dogonovo

U60 Preview of Preview 2 Lammania XP Changes

Heh, hope for the best? Right now they are trying to fix the Staff Tracker for the third time, after having declared it fixed twice already. This time, they are even saying it "might take longer than expected". As mentioned before, not only the suggested changes to XP came with clear...
  4. dogonovo

U60 Occupy Stormreach Part Deux

I'll be there. Also, I'm starting to reach for content creators to see if anyone is in need of a topic/subject for their medias. I'm sure a company suggesting a 30% "grind" increase to a 17 year-old game that requires many years of gameplay already for a maxed character might be interesting...
  5. dogonovo

U60 Lammania Preview 1 - XP System Adjustments

I honestly think this thread should be closed, and a new, clearer one made. The OP and first reply from staff hinted that we were on the right track discussing the proposed XP/Progression nerf (because a nerf it is), its numbers and conditions. The second reply from staff clearly asked us to...
  6. dogonovo

U60 Lammania Preview 1 - XP System Adjustments

I play solo, on a potato PC, and take breaks/AFK in quests a lot due to personal stuff. I don't chase max XP per min, don't pay close attention to best XP spots, tactics, and go my merry way inside quests reading dialogue and killing 99% of the mobs I encounter. When I read about these changes I...
  7. dogonovo

Downtime Notice: Wednesday, June 14th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT)

@Cordovan Hello and I hope you are having a good day, Seeing as the release notes for update 59.3 are up and there is a mention of a fix to an issue that was widely discussed by the community (ranged attack speed), I would like to ask you if at the very least a comment on this other issue will...
  8. dogonovo

Something seems off post U59

I'm on a similar boat to eshadowbringer, trying to keep positive after returning to the game from a decade long break. I confess I never really liked some of the more extreme entitled bashing Devs got here, and gladly put on some lightly rose-tinted glasses when I came back, got me VIP and all...
  9. dogonovo

Update 59.1 Release Notes

IMHO if you are worried about clutter/visibility, the best way I've seen it done is a post with the announcement of release notes and the links, no comments, but a link to a thread that only discusses the relevant update/notes/etc.