Recent content by Grumpy

1. G

Hunts End and repeaters

Repeaters are currently better than inquisitive, or rather, Artificers are better than the Inquisitive tree, both in leveling and in end game Damage. Repeater damage at end game is still not the top Ranged DPS, its just better than inquisitive. With that being said, the idea that all...
  2. G

Ive never wiped a party due to my dps before...

I wiped a party with my DPS just the other day. I was in wizard of wines, ran downstairs and was looking for the 3 things, ran past the group of oozes, and got to the thing i needed to pick up, and then there were 2 groups of oozes chasing me, and then i made the mistake of hitting my AOE...
  3. G

A story about tiered progression and big city server people

DDO isn't Pen and Paper, the leader leader puts up a LFM of what he is running, and people join or not based upon any text that person put in the LFM description, such as zerging, or doing all opt's, or Tank or Healer wanted. When I am leveling I put up LFM's. They all say Moving Quickly...
  4. G

I agree, and with out knowing any more of the details, what has been my experience, is that when players in DDO suddenly go afk, without saying anything, and then being gone for X minutes, usually means they are not coming back anytime soon, as real life interupted. Yes, i have had to go afk in...
  5. G

First ill agree that flagging quests are outdated, and should be revamped, but I don't manage the game, and while I don't agree with how its set up, its been that way for 10+ years? and doesn't seem to have any signs of being changed, yet every few days/weeks/months someone comes onto the forums...
  6. G

Lag has become the elephant in the room.

Short daily reboot won't solve this issue. Happened again to the same group of people running R1 Heroic Sharn, and lag so bag the game froze 10-15 seconds at a time. The entire game, chat servers stopped working, direct tells wouldn't work, crazy bad lag, and this is less than an hour after...
  7. G

Lag has become the elephant in the room.

My heroic group was stomping through quests, and for over an hour the lag had just been ramping up. We were in the Lordsmarch quests and there were times where the characters would freeze, and the rest of the game was still running, seemed slower, but mobs were still trying to hit you. My...
  8. G

Rolled a 100 on my gold roll today

Will disagree with this statement.
  9. G

Rolled a 100 on my gold roll today

I got the standard 15000 EXP stone, a cosmetic, and wait for it.... 500 Sentient Exp gem My friend also rolled a 100 on his gold roll, he got the standard 15000 exp stone and a cosmetic, and a +5 LHOW. I mean, those two prizes are very comparable in value right...
  10. G

Ranged all xbow builds post Update 66

I have 35 points in the shiradi tree, and yes, I use the mantle. I have 6 points in the SD tree, mostly for the threat reduction and the DD I have 23 Points in Dreadknought, extra action boosts and damage for the most part. For my epic strike, I use the shriadi pin, and the Dreadknought Dire...
  11. G

Ranged all xbow builds post Update 66

Arti is the strongest leveling build, using repeaters, because you get fusilade early, and then you get 2 Ranged AOE attaciks one by level 6 and one at level 12 that fire per bolt you shoot, not per attack. Once you learn the AOE range its by far the best way to clear trash as a ranged...
  12. G

Crafting Material Drop Rate...?

I know its a way off, but I am just kind of curious about "While you remain VIP get +10% to Crafting XP. In addition, each time you click a Collectible node you get a chance to gain a Crafting Material Token." Can you share what the % chance is? I am wondering because, you know it could be a...
  13. G

This must stop !

I only play ranged in that raid, and can tell you that it is almost impossible to target him. Auto-Target will not pick him up, and tab targeting will not pick him up, but you can move your mouse over him, his "marker" what ever you call the targeting box, is not where you would think, if I...
  14. G

Epic TR

Ran into this same issue myself. Got my 3X guy into his new life, and realized that i screwed up, and the easiest way to fix it would be a ETR and just level back to 30, which is easy to do, and I have the time to do it. I am guessing that SSG does this by choice? because if I can't do an...
  15. G

Does Positive Energy Aura Scale Well in Epics?

Hey, thanks for posting that. Guess its easier for most people to claim it can't happen, rather than science it and see how things turn out. Its not great healing for tanks, but as I stated earlier, its very handy if a cleric is running that, and standing away from the target, it gives ranged...