Recent content by Lyrin

1. L

Multiboxing

When I was home sick for a couple days I boxed my Fiance. Her computer is right next to mine, so I just had her mouse and keyboard in easy reach. I was only boxing one toon, and I was more than capable of blazing solo. I posted with her, but I always asked permission before joining someone...
  2. L

Connection Problems

My client logs in just fine, but my fiance's (right next to mine, same network and everything) fails to connect twenty times, then gives a "Connection failed: Client timed out the connection" error. Anyone else experiencing this?
  3. L

Iconic Past Life(lives) importance.

On my main, when a new class/archetype comes out, I run Iconic just for how fast it is. I have every iconic past life mostly for the passives. The only one I've "outgrown" is Shadar-Kai's dodge. I wear heavy armor, though I used the stance back in the day before Scourge came out.
  4. L

Stealth changes to quests

While I agree that a shrine should be moved closer to the midpoint, I actually like the beginning cutscene. Sharn has a really interesting story to it. It sets the scene for why you're doing what you're doing.
  5. L

Do Cannith Crafting Success Boosters actually do anything?

It's not rigged, RNG just hates us. Best way to level is go for the super low ones and use 35% boosts. Even with all the lost materials, when you succeed, the xp is worth having crafted dozens of 80% success crafts. The rng would be far less frustrating if it didn't cost so many mats. My...
  6. L

How Many Curse Cleanser Cards have you found?

Seen one drop and was fortunate enough to be gifted one by a kind soul (goodbye Feather Fall!), but never pulled one myself.
  7. L

How much longer will DDO survive?

Not nearly as monolithic as you might think.
  8. L

With the way DDO keeps old quests relevant (even if quite a few currently need work), I don't see a need for DDO 2.
  9. L

ETA on Level Cap Increase

I go with the YOLO approach. Yes, one day DDO will die. I'm going to enjoy the time I have with it now, and not worry about when it might end.
  10. L

ETA on Level Cap Increase

That's what they said about Neverwinter. It was supposed to kill DDO. It hurt... but then faded. Look at the absolute P2W sh!t show that game turned into. I've watched people like you scream doom on the forums since 2008. That's 14 years of "DDO is dying".
  11. L

Honestly, as long as DDO has a dedicated player base, I don't see it dying. Retirees are gonna keep this game going until 2050 at least.
  12. L

Looks like it is time to moderate all new accounts

The fact that someone would put effort into spamming ddo forums at all is kind of pathetic. This is a small, dedicated community. I'd be extremely surprised if I found out they'd made any profits off their efforts.
  13. L

Should the Ultimate versions of ALL X-packs be always available?

As long as their benefits are cosmetic only, I'm fine with a little FOMO. Anything in the bundle not cosmetic needs to be in the store.
  14. L

What's the point of crafting if you can only make the same seemingly random combinations as on looted items?

I sincerely hope they update it again. It's still useful, just far less than it used to be.
  15. L

What's the point of crafting if you can only make the same seemingly random combinations as on looted items?

Cannith crafting is, like many things in this game, a bit confusing at first but overall solid in implementation. The problem isn't cannith crafting, so much as how OP named gear is. That said, at end game I tend to use one or two CC items. It's most useful for filling in gear slots in...