Recent content by Makarion

1. M

Scourge for AA bard?

Oh, good call! I keep forgetting that.
  2. M

Scourge for AA bard?

Hello! I am considering, for an upcoming TR, a paralyzing archer build, on a support chassis. The classic for that is war domain cleric or favored soul, but I imagine bard works - and can stack enchantment DC higher. Scourge would be handy to skip over a lot of levels where the character would...
  3. M

U60 Lammania Preview 1 - XP System Adjustments

They were already heavily incentivized to group instead of solo, and I think that will not change. Personally, I wish that group-over-solo play was more broadly encouraged.
  4. M

VIP subscription problem not able to re-new

Correct, and I have ran into that, myself. Which can be infuriating, when it kicks you out of the game in the middle of a raid or some other social event! I really wish we could dovetail on top of an existing subscription.
  5. M

Why is DDO Dying?

Have you considered getting a 3 month subscription? It's a long enough span to know whether you'll like it again, and it's the price of 2-3 lunches if that.
  6. M

Why is DDO Dying?

Everquest has the possibility of catching up. Perhaps not perfectly, but compared to the past-life grind of DDO, definitely. And it's not growing at all. Frankly, for an older MMO (basically anything pre Elder Scrolls Online), staying alive is a perfectly fine achievement. Growth with such a...
  7. M

So... the platinum AH is useless?

I agree with you that it seems that weapon-focused builds seem to be meant for spike / boss damage, and casters for support, aoe and roomclearing. Above all, regrettably hybrids are not generally viable at higher difficulty ratings, so you cannot really compensate for weaknesses very well. Of...
  8. M

That is only true if you don't run a VIP account, since that includes a lot of the comforts such as a shared account. Frankly, I wish we'd go back to that being the default, rather than f2p with "micro" transactions.
  9. M

Given that Fewywild set gear is level 5, I'd argue that bound gear is already pushing out unbound at the lowest of levels past the "I am a new character and ate an xp shard / veteran" tier.
  10. M

They obviously have to. The game would stop existing immediately if they felt not enough people were spending RL money to recoup their costs in server maintenance, software updates and personnel. As a result, I may empathize with those who cannot or will not spend cash on the game, but I...
  11. M

Thursdays Static Group Recruiting - Need replacement member

I wish that the time worked out better for me! As it stands, I run a table-top game of D&D at that time. And I love my players - we've been through a lot over the years.
  12. M

What keeps you playing?

If you are forcing yourself to log in, you are not enjoying yourself. Surely, there are better things to do with your time in that case? Mind, I am not advocating people should quit, but if it's literally a burden, go sniff the flowers and take a breather.
  13. M

Is the Lag Supposed to be Improved

I'm on Orien, and in my experience so far (playing mostly on European times, but across a wide swath of the week) there seems more lag in public and slayer areas than before, but less frequent and at most equally severe lag in instanced adventure zones. Over all, I think it's been a mild...