Recent content by NightHiker

1. N

Suggestion: Spread boosts to Hirelings and summons to more Destiny trees.

Yeah, folks... No negativity at all. Only fair evaluations of my suggestions, with no mind paid to any sort of conspiracy about SSG. I don't know what I was thinking... If you guys wanna keep chatting about this, be my guest. I just give up, and won't be coming back to this thread. Or this...
  2. N

I have no issue with any of this. If hires give people without access to full parties a better chance at progressing thru lower reaper settings and eventually be part of the reaper club if they so desire, I'm all for it - even it it means any further scaling makes it harder for me to use them at...
  3. N

I agree. Though probably the main issue (aside from supposedly better AI and support for more than a couple of summons at a time), is that those games (meaning mmos or similar online games) treat difficulty in a different manner - there's only really one difficulty, for the most part. Someone...
  4. N

I have specifically addressed every criticism and suggestion, but I'd say we both are entitled to our interpretations. I'll just add that one mistake doesn't justify another. That's called "tu quoque", by the way. Of course. This forum is only a negative place because of the posts in this...
  5. N

Yeah, although the balancing thing gave me pause, I ultimately agree it's not really a problem. This does help people who will be soloing for whatever reason to get faster progression than they would playing solo just by themselves, but hirelings will never be as good an alternative for...
  6. N

Well, for the most part, yes. But saying in three straight posts nothing but "The devs do't have resources to do this" with different words does kinda qualify in the "repetitive criticism that doesn't add anything to discussion". So it is a bit frustrating, I got admit, and I'm only human - but...
  7. N

Again, thanks to all who offered constructive criticism. If you're against this or don't think it will or should ever happen, instead of continuing to post nothing but the same, repetitive contrary opinions that addd nothing to the discussion, maybe it would best serve your interests to keep...
  8. N

After all the talk about soloing with hirelings on r10 (which I admittedly started by posting that video), I'd like to make something clear: Even though I can solo many, if not most, of the current regular quests on r10 difficulty, and occasionally like to do so for the challenge (and also to...
  9. N

Thanks, those are some interesting suggestions. I wish we had started our conversation here with that... :D The suggestion for adding more health thru the reaper perks may be better than adding it to Destinies - as I think reaper difficulty is where their health is found most lacking (so it may...
  10. N

Fair enough. I guess I could say we agree in practice, though not in language - I don't mean to be a prick about it, it's just that as someone who writes for a living I care a lot for being as precise as possible in how we communicate - even then I still seem to fail quite often, so... We can...
  11. N

Aw, come on, Rabidfox... I value your opinion as much as anyone's around here, but that is very obviously not a valid statement. It's an unqualified, unconditional statement. All you need is to show one instance where they are not worthless to demonstrate the statement is objectively false. And...
  12. N

Hey, folks... Thanks again for all the feedback. I'll address some concerns on a single post for concision. I would love for the game to have a large and thriving community where all players can find groups of all kinds to play with. Unfortunately, that's not the case, and it's unlikely to be...
  13. N

There certainly is a learning curve regarding their usage, and together with the general idea that persists among the player base that hirelings are useless in any context, any difficulty they have with them is usually enough to confirm their biases and prevent them from further trying to...
  14. N

Nah, my videos are hardly a secret - you can see a few of them on the page for my build on the Stormsinger forums. The build has been public for a while - there's not really a lot into it, besides using the hires/summons boosts on Primal and Magus, knowing how to use and micromanage them in the...
  15. N

Thanks for the feedback, Sophie! With all the lack of generosity we constantly see on the forums, it's refreshing to see it. Your stance on the resources needed to fully benefit from such builds is very fair. While I used the permanent hirelings as a reason for the changes, because SSG does...