Recent content by Sarlona Raiding

1. S

Color me impatient

Isle of Dread Prepurchase was available April 27, 2022 so it's definitely taking longer to get out. That just means a shorter window for people to get their racial lifes done before the content is released.
  2. S

Hunts End and repeaters

These discussions are always amusing. Someone that doesn't even play the build wants it nerfed and people that play the build downplay how good it is.
  3. S

Wizard and Spell update

Wizard is solid in a group where others can overcome your weakness, but without immunity bypass wizards will always be a bridesmaid and never a bride.
  4. S

"Energy Criticals"(Epic Past Life feat) issue...

I don't think they hate casters and ranged. People that solely play melee have been the squeeky wheels on the forums, and although some of the points raised were valid, there is also a serious "grass is greener on the other side" bias from players that only play one build type. With that said...
  5. S

At this point I am just looking at two bonus types: Insightful Lore and Energy Criticals. A long while back the devs stated these insightful lore items were intended to close the gap with energy criticals. Not sure why some spell types were left out entirely. For force it was likely due to...
  6. S

It's been a while since they added any new insightful lore items other than universal and the quantity of items is small. If they want to to close the gap through itemization that is great, but they completely ignored force and they could just change the few items out there to a lower universal...
  7. S

At one time the devs were putting in insightful spell lore items for negative and light to make up for this, but it's been a long while. Agree it should be all spell types so build decisions aren't made due to this feat.
  8. S

Staff vs Orb/Shield for Wizard ?

There are also Noctic Watchers, Artificers and some bosses that do heavy force damage - not even close to an exhaustive list. The damage amounts are not trivial.
  9. S

Staff vs Orb/Shield for Wizard ?

If you are going melee swf with orb is ideal. For casting - a shield is a solid off-hand item for defenses as it doesn't really negatively impact casting dps and you can get some decent stats on it. The dps hit is significant for melee. Quarterstaff is a solid leveling melee weapon, but it...
  10. S

Think of the Content in Ravenloft & Saltmarshes

I agree with majority here. I think it's fine - having grown up in a age with much less tecnnology than now D&D was more imagination than graphics. There were products I bought that were black and white - no color. It wasn't a problem at all. I hope they would invest their limited...
  11. S

RXP stones !

The concept of account-wide rxp has been brought up and the devs only comment on the subject have been negative. In fact most of the people asking for more power beyond 156 were the most vocal against account-wide rxp. What you are proposing is as form of account-wide rxp that only benefits a...
  12. S

RXP stones !

That is up to SSG, but to Lazuli's point it's a never ending battle. People will always want more where the leaderboard solution is a permanent solution to recongizing the top earners. I like the hardcore model where rewards are relatively easy to obtain and the chase mechanism is the leaderboard.
  13. S

RXP stones !

It sounds like you are looking for some official recognition of your accomplishment and in my opinion it's deserved with all you've done. Would something like permanent rxp leader boards - like they have on hardcore - work for you? Seems they already have the tech for it. Based on hardcore...
  14. S

RXP stones !

If they have 25 reaper points they are either down 100 hp + 350 spell points in a non-reaper raid or they are down 500 spell points. And this is for a non-reaper raid. Anyhow, when you say "to be fair" - I don't think it's fair to assume people can earn 25 points on a raiding alt. Many have...
  15. S

RXP stones !

I don't notice much difference on a character with 100 reaper pts vs 120 vs 156. I do notice a big difference on a deep alt with only 30 reaper points and no racial past lifes. The build options are much more limited, although I can still come up with builds that are useful in R10. A...