Recent content by Tesrali (sam-u-r-eye)

1. T

Lava Divers has moved to Argonnessen

What is this sanctimonious garbage? I say that as one of the few people that even complemented the original R10 Skellies completion. Achievement threads are always like 1 post, 5 compliments. Been that way for over 10 years. I've seen it all. There have been plenty of things done in this game...
  2. T

I've read about the Illithid race, omg it's [spoiler] cringe !!

amen HP Lovecraft was writing in the 20s? Not that we get Illithids back then exactly but they are Cthulu lite or something.
  3. T

What's wrong with Arcane Tempest (spell)?

I can't remember if thornbloom was fixed. Thornbloom IIRC was created based on EBURST and this is a very old bug from EBURST where the animation would cancel the cast or something if the animation went off too quick. I suppose it is because EBURST required you to stand still or something? Maybe...
  4. T

What's wrong with Arcane Tempest (spell)?

Try turning off quicken. Some spells are coded to fail with it on.
  5. T

Update 63 Preview 2: Named Loot

My thoughts exactly. Getting +2 reflex and +2 will save on my Sorcerer is not going to make any difference. If I really wanted I could get +7 for a colorless but... ...I'm still no where near making a save. Just a friendly question here, but do we have a loot council on the Players Council? It...
  6. T

Update 63 Preview 2: New Quests

It wasn't until the decline of the Pike and Shot era that you see a decline in the Gendarme. Heavy cavalry and pike were discontinued although the use of light cavalry and bayonets would remain. The pike and shot formations could deter but not invalidate the use of heavy cavalry. Volley fire had...
  7. T

Update 63 Preview 2: Deck of Many Curses

Dragontouched was a good system IMO.
  8. T

Update 63 Preview 2: Deck of Many Curses

I still use my HAMP robes while leveling lol
  9. T

Was I supposed to know this?

Awesome thank you.
  10. T

Was I supposed to know this?

This has been blocking me from using new voices for quite some time. I ended up just turning the voice off. If fun content is locked behind a PITA then people won't enjoy it. Not sure I've even experienced half the sentient gems in the game simply because it's tied to a bunch of UI management...
  11. T

Augment Slot for Set Bonuses: Solving New Gear feeling like "not worth it."

Right. Good point. I suppose the restriction could be placed on the augment itself?
  12. T

Update 63 Preview 1: Deck of Many Curses

I feel you bro. For casters it isn't as bad as for melee IMO. You can still use Sharn gear---and I do---since having 7 more PRR per piece makes it better than newer gear before I get bonuses on that stuff. (E.x., Right now I'm running Esoteric and then Dino set.)
  13. T

Augment Slot for Set Bonuses: Solving New Gear feeling like "not worth it."

Problem: 1. Set bonuses limit new pack gear getting used because they confine what is "best in slot." 2. The existing augment set system (we get from raiding and craft in the hut) is "parasitic" in that it takes away augments from the player to get one of those set bonuses. 3. The existing...
  14. T

Yes I do grind reaper/mythic. I got my +1 Dino DC reaper artifact ring for my caster for example. I've got multiple +2 helms. I'd love to hit all these with the roll of the dice. When gear set-ups change I regrind. Grind gives me something to do, in fact, I enjoy it. I would rather grind gear at...
  15. T

Early item generators were very humble in their addition of player power, which seems to me, to be very similar to this fortune system. The gains are humble and random. Many early generators provided items which did things. I wish DDO would move more towards this type of "tool" loot design...