Recent content by tolanj

1. tolanj

Artificer Issues

So 1 level of Arti on a tank gives you a second, resummonable, tank? Also this would be a neft to lots of pets heroic say. I would have no issue with buffs to the above _from pet class trees_ also applying to the pet in general
  2. tolanj

Monster manual bug question

No the 'borkedness' is basically that it has 'remembered' that I _have_ achieved (account goal X) but I don't have the benefits of (account goal X). i.e. I cant see monster HP, nor re-acquire the ability. The character ones sorted out on TR but the account ones are (permenantly?) 'borked'...
  3. tolanj

Monster manual bug question

I have the standard 'borked' monster manual on on of my toons following a character transfer. Does anyone know if the 'borkedness' will impact any new monster manuals I buy, or will those be okay? Many thanks
  4. tolanj

Classic DDO Server

I think the mooted 'hardcore like' idea of a 'classic' season would be great, though likely not be worth the dev effort. You'd probably have to place it at Module 8 (before free to play) or not have a shop (because rebuilding that would likely be a huge undertaking). Either way there are no...
  5. tolanj

Hey Tonquin!

Could you stop Snowpeaks challenges from locking out above lvl 5 on HC please? It would be fine if they where locked out entirely on the server, but they are not. Its a hassle and unnecessary server load to roll a new char to run it, and HC is an environment where the rewards can be very useful.
  6. tolanj

fighter/artificer combo

You CAN strikethrough with a bastard sword and SWF, it just starts at 20% and you can really only improve that by 20% more in heroics (via Battle Engineer) with your class split (plus 20% more in racial tree if you are Warforged/Half-Orcs/Human). It really depends were you're going with the...
  7. tolanj

I'm a first life, can someone explain imbue dice and imbue toggles?

You choose one toggle to be on (you can take more, but only one can be on at a time). That one will say what it does (for example 1d6 electric scaling with spell power on melee/ranged say). Any bonus/extra imbue dice from any source will add to that, so if you have 4 bonus dice and that...
  8. tolanj

Buff Dummies

The Scorrow, Heresy of the Vulkoorim, in The Promise of Fire can be an excellent test dummy IF you can see Scorrow HP. They seem to acquire negative HP, so can track DPS well.
  9. tolanj

U60 Lammania Preview 1 - XP System Adjustments

Unless I am mis-interpreting this its a significant _buff_ to quest reruns, at least were conquest is easily achieved (i.e. a significant move of XP from a 1st time bonus to an 'always available' bonus in Conquest). It therefore seems likely, for good or ill, to see a return to 'dailies' for...
  10. tolanj

Buff Dummies

One of the state room amenities, Proving Ground I _think_ (one with normal dummies) has magefire cannon dummies that have more (infinite?) HP and don't go helpless I don't think, you have to interact with a dodah to activate them. Still construct though.
  11. tolanj

Problem with the Great Tree. Won't finish. Timer ran out and????

It sounds like a bug, at the bottom of https://ddowiki.com/page/Dryad_Grove:_The_Great_Tree there's a link to a video of a completion: It sounds like you are saying that when the time ticked down to 0 (~11:50 in video) the challenge didn't actually finish out (The white flash) and spawn the chests?
  12. tolanj

Drow Elf racial and Feydark shadowblade

Yes they work together
  13. tolanj

Item Defense (EK enhancement) question

On the wiki page you linked: Notes: Shadowblades are not subject to item damage.
  14. tolanj

Item Defense (EK enhancement) question

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item_Defense So you go and repair your gear less often, you have less chance of a melee weapon breaking due to wear. Melee weapons used to [ages ago] break fairly often, especially as 'ooze beaters' were fairly hard to come by. Also rangen stuff was occasionally best in...
  15. tolanj

Introducing: The Underdark Patron's Coffers!

This is excellent, you just need to Tr into a blue skinned asimar bald male and you are THERE