I know I sound like a troll; KUDOS

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Thank you SSG! All'a you's!! Thank you, also, for introducing yourselves in the Anniversary Event. Great rewards (***** drop-rate, but..), multi-leveled . Thank you!

..the Coffee Break is priceless!

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Alright.. I pushed my 1st life Paladin (CR32) and did CR37 quest but only got 9 Party Favor??! I am angry. Drink up!

My 22s got their proper Party Favor bonuses. FIX THE BUG y @#$%^!

nenetteblackmoor

To get just one cosmetic item, you have to do at least 8 quests.
In a game that already makes you repeat the same things over and over, it's insane that each event demands such a crazy amount of farming.

It's 2024 now, but it feels like they're asking for gameplay reminiscent of MMOs from around the year 2000.

Events are supposed to be enjoyable, but every event in DDO feels like enduring the most excruciating ordeal.
Are there people who actually find this enjoyable?
That's why I don't recommend DDO to my friends.

Genkiba

To get just one cosmetic item, you have to do at least 8 quests.
In a game that already makes you repeat the same things over and over, it's insane that each event demands such a crazy amount of farming.

It's 2024 now, but it feels like they're asking for gameplay reminiscent of MMOs from around the year 2000.

Events are supposed to be enjoyable, but every event in DDO feels like enduring the most excruciating ordeal.
Are there people who actually find this enjoyable?
That's why I don't recommend DDO to my friends.
Yes.

The forums are why I don't recommend DDO.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
But I thought SSG always tries to discourage repeating the same quest over and over again.

I’ll run the anniversary quest 2-3 each year and keep holding on to the party favors until the next time around.

Bumkaz

I spent 67 minutes running the event at level 31 and doing all the optional objectives and got 7 party favors. Then spent 12 minutes just running the main objective and received 1 favor. That’s basically 90 minutes for 8 favors. I need 700 favors to get the four items I like. What am I missing here? This is impossible.

Onyxia2016

I spent 67 minutes running the event at level 31 and doing all the optional objectives and got 7 party favors. Then spent 12 minutes just running the main objective and received 1 favor. That’s basically 90 minutes for 8 favors. I need 700 favors to get the four items I like. What am I missing here? This is impossible.

Well is you cut out the sleeping you may have enough time to get there. Or save them up until next year, hoping they not not bail on the event altogether. The traveler event comes to mind.

Bumkaz

Well I decided to run one more instance, and received one party favor. Is the drop rate really that bad where it works out to about 4 per hour if you just run in and complete the main objective?

PraetorPlato

Find a party that can show you how to do it fast—you can do it with all opts w/a party in under 3 mins, around 5 mins solo w/all opts (for about 120/hr, more w/party).

Bracelet

I don’t understand this. You need to 5 star the quest at 5 levels over your current level to maximize the rewards. Am I the victim of some subtle sarcasm here?

Kathwynn

The wife and I were running it last night.. My toon was level 14 her was 16. We finally in disgust after getting a miesarble 9 party favors a run. Decided to run it it at 17. Then we got the astonishing 10 favors reward. So running a whole four levels over my toon level gave us a that amount. Seriously SSG? SMH.

If it was not for wanting the Kobold Jewel I would have bagged the entire event. I had seen a couple of other things that I thought thought that I might like, but probably will stop after I get the jewel. I suspect I will be burned out by then as well. But we will grind it out as she wants something as well. At ten or less a run. It is not going to be enjoyable.

saekee

long live ROGUE
The wife and I were running it last night.. My toon was level 14 her was 16. We finally in disgust after getting a miesarble 9 party favors a run. Decided to run it it at 17. Then we got the astonishing 10 favors reward. So running a whole four levels over my toon level gave us a that amount. Seriously SSG? SMH.

If it was not for wanting the Kobold Jewel I would have bagged the entire event. I had seen a couple of other things that I thought thought that I might like, but probably will stop after I get the jewel. I suspect I will be burned out by then as well. But we will grind it out as she wants something as well. At ten or less a run. It is not going to be enjoyable.
The payout will be based on the highest toon in there so due to your wife’s toons level, you were just one level boosted.

So run it solo at CR 19; run it with your wife CR 21; or get a new wife and check her toon’s level.

drjoans

kinda-known member
I thought i remember the optimal was running 6 over highest character in quest? am I wrong in remembering that.... outside of the current nerfed drop rate ofc.

Genkiba

The Wiki answers all...
(this is from last year but should still apply)

This year, the quest offers a base maximum of 7 Party Favors for a 5-star completion, as +SteelStar's Hound companion awards an extra point if killed. (Bug: If run at level 36 or 37, the challenge is currently only providing favors as if run on level 35.)

Anniversary Party CR Relative to the highest level party member:

• At-level: 7 Party Favors
  • +1 (or +2) levels above: 10 Party Favors
  • +3 (or +4) levels above: 11 Party Favors
  • +5 (or more) levels above: 13 Favors (the maximum)
Running the quest at a CR below the level of the highest level member will result in fewer Favors, but as this is an intentionally "easy" quest, that is not recommended, except perhaps solo.

During bonus weekends, the bonus is rounded down. So, running at 5 levels above during a +30% bonus gains {13 + 3.9} = {13 + 3} = 16 favors.

Aside from Collectables and drop-loot Minimum Level, there is no reason to run the quest at +2, +4, or more than +5 above the level of the highest level character in the group, as no additional Party Favors will be awarded. However, you can earn a very nice first-time XP award for a 5 star run, so it is recommended that your first run of the Anniversary Party challenge should be at the highest CR that you can manage within your group. At epic, level 20 characters can get full experience with level 30 characters in group without overleveling penalty, and will award ~120k XP at CR35 for a 5-star run (only with the first-time bonus though).

Cheeps

Tired Member
Run it for first time exp, collect mats, save them for next year.

I've been doing this for a few years now and every year I continue waiting for something to spend the mats on...

Reactions: dur

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Well I decided to run one more instance, and received one party favor. Is the drop rate really that bad where it works out to about 4 per hour if you just run in and complete the main objective?
You have to do optionals to receive all stars for max # of party favors.

Then, as *wiki cites, a matter of upping the level you run. my 22 runs at level 24 and gets 10 favors.

@Cheeps: Too many toons, Too many goodies! 🍻

*note BUG: running a 32 @ level 37 only grants favors as if you only ran @ level 35 so don't waste yer time unless you're using the XP.