A small change to Shadar-Kai?

Winterburn

The Dragonlord have a tier 4 enhancement called: Untouchabel Soul (You have Displacement, giving opponents a 50% chance to miss you due to concealment. This cannot be dispelled.). This is a permanent buff.

Shadar-Kai have a tier 3 racial enhancment that gives them displacement as a SLA that costs no sp and have a 3 sec cooldown. I would like to suggest that this is made into a permanent buff as it is in the Dragonlord tree (since it's an ability that can only be used on one self and doesn't cost sp).

It's not a big thing but more of a QoL issue. It is annoying to have to reaply this every few second and it is even more annoying if it runs out mid battle.

Upvote 3

Arch-Necromancer

I agree, it would make sense to update older enhancement trees once they add something like this.

And it makes much more sense for a shadowy rogue tree to have a permanent displacement then a fighter tree.

I would even say they went too far with giving a permanent displacement to a robust fighter class. That should have been a lesser displacement at tops.

Winterburn

Tbh I could even see it beeing a click ability that is "permanent" in quest (and not usable outside quest/wilderness area) but is dispellable for when you fight beholders and mobs that dispells effect (like spinner of shadows and some casters), meaning that you would have to reapply it if a mob dispells it - perhaps with a small 3-5 sec cooldown before it can be reapplied if it got dispelled.

Silverfox

The Dragonlord have a tier 4 enhancement called: Untouchabel Soul (You have Displacement, giving opponents a 50% chance to miss you due to concealment. This cannot be dispelled.). This is a permanent buff.

Don't worry on soon to be released race, class, or archetype this will be changed to a timed clickie with charges.

The Narc

Shadar-Kai have a tier 3 racial enhancment that gives them displacement as a SLA that costs no sp and have a 3 sec cooldown. I would like to suggest that this is made into a permanent buff as it is in the Dragonlord tree (since it's an ability that can only be used on one self and doesn't cost sp).

It's not a big thing but more of a QoL issue. It is annoying to have to reaply this every few second and it is even more annoying if it runs out mid battle.
No to the easy button.

droid327

Agreed, anything that reduces arbitrary button clicks with no balance implications is a good thing. Every purely beneficial effect with no cost and 100% uptime should simply be a passive

Heck, every self buff with a trivial cost and 100% uptime should be a passive. No wizards going to run out of SP for casting shield and mage armor SLAs lol

No to the easy button.

It's literally removing the button lol

The Narc

Agreed, anything that reduces arbitrary button clicks with no balance implications is a good thing. Every purely beneficial effect with no cost and 100% uptime should simply be a passive

Heck, every self buff with a trivial cost and 100% uptime should be a passive. No wizards going to run out of SP for casting shield and mage armor SLAs lol

It's literally removing the button lol
Huh??

gurth83

But as last I check this spell can proc PA cocon, so it can be cast with 0 mana (0sp cost) till it pops up.

l_remmie

Narc has been role playing as gatekeeper a bit too much, it stuck. Nothing is allowed to be better or easier ever. You better push that button every 30 seconds while walking up hill in the snow against the wind both ways...