Eberron needs the Thri-kreen

TavernTails

Tuesday Trivia Host on DDOstream
We batted this around a bit on last night's TavernTails twitch stream. To round out the Xen'drik flavor in Stormreach and the Menechtarun Desert, it would be great to add Thri-Kreen to DDO. The Thri-Kreen are mantis-like humanoids known for their psionic abilities and combat skills with four arms. They once lived where Stormreach now stands, and evidence of their civilization is in the underground sections of giant ruins. They are hunters who revere nature, led by druid spiritual leaders, and form close bonds within their group, avoiding trust outside it.

This race always comes up whenever I read about Stormreach outside of DDO. I realize psionics has been one of those areas where development has been reluctant to go for player characters, but as a NPC race could be a great way to at least acknowledge it further. In 5e, their psionic skills are blur, invisibility, magic weapon... all abilities already in the game. Plus, they would look cool (and dangerous) using multiple attacks from their four arms.

And as druid guides, they'd be a great gateway into further jungle adventures. So, let's get these guys into Stormreach!
dungeoms-dragons-thri-kreen.jpg

**EDITED FOR CLARIFICATION: I was referring to Thri-Kreen as a monster or NPC and NOT as a playable race. Lots more options there, IMO.**

Last edited:
Upvote 5

The_Apocalypse

I doubt anything four-armed is going to be a player race. Still, would be nice to see as NPCs/MOBs in their normal D&D areas.

Thwart

So double up on the number of bracers and rings and carry 4 scepters for my caster ... yes please.

misterski

I would love to see this as the Thri-Kreen are also at home in Eberron besides Athas. A small number of thri-kreen live under Stormreach. More are said to live in the Menechtarun desert of western Xen'drik.
Thri-kreen exist in the Frealms also as monsters. I remember encountering them in one of the Eye of the Beholder games.