Where should we go after Myth Drannor?

Which place should we go in the next full expansion after Myth Drannor?

• Ravenloft (different domain)

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Different part of Forgotten Realms

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Explore a different part of Eberron

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Al-Qadim Campaign World (it's meant to stand alone, look it up)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Planescape

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • The Nine Hells

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Dark Sun (keep dreaming...)

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other (explain below).

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters

axel15810

Ravenloft.

It'll be 7 years this year since Ravenloft was released. Based on polls I've done on YouTube it's the DDO community's favorite of all the expansions, by far. DDO has gone to a ton of different locations in these past 7 years and it's time to go back and do a follow up. DDO has never done a sequel to a former expansion, so it would be something new in that way.

Elminster

Ravenloft.

It'll be 7 years this year since Ravenloft was released. Based on polls I've done on YouTube it's the DDO community's favorite of all the expansions, by far. DDO has gone to a ton of different locations in these past 7 years and it's time to go back and do a follow up. DDO has never done a sequel to a former expansion, so it would be something new in that way.

If you're serious about Ravenloft. I have the perfect domain to visit... we really don't have an ocean-faring adventure module/expansion for this game yet and :

This module takes place in it:

17487.jpg

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
dude, Myth Drannor is not even in sight and we talking about what's next? 😅

anyway, i voted "other" and with other i mean...

Principalities of Glantri

cause Amber Castle could be a standalone classic module + the whole old Glantri gazetteer has sooooo much storytelling potential. last but not least, Glantry City was inspired by Venice.

alternative, different part of Eberron. i'm not familiar with the Eberron setting, but that continent Sharn is in, Mournlands, they have also stuff like trains there, a fantasy-steampunk-magitech expansion of some sort.

Elminster

dude, Myth Drannor is not even in sight and we talking about what's next? 😅

anyway, i voted "other" and with other i mean...

Principalities of Glantri

cause Amber Castle could be a standalone classic module + the whole old Glantri gazetteer has sooooo much storytelling potential. last but not least, Glantry City was inspired by Venice.

alternative, different part of Eberron. i'm not familiar with the Eberron setting, but that continent Sharn is in, Mournlands, they have also stuff like trains there, a fantasy-steampunk-magitech expansion of some sort.
Mystara is so hot. Probably the best D&D setting.... but doubt. It's so obscure even within D&D circles. Even though those Gazatteers were super prevalent during the 90's.

Pandalet

Dark Sun would be amazeballs, but really, it's a whole system of its own, and I can't see how it'd work with everything else. How about Spelljammer?

Fulchrum

I still pine for something Kara-tur related. Not necessarily a full expansion, or even a mini-expansion, but at least an adventure pack with some samurai themed gear models.

Elminster

I'm not voting on this because you didnt expressly include the only correct option, Spelljammer
If we could helm and fly around in our own personal space ships through the phlogistons of D&D worlds, this game would be beyond awesome.

But due to costs it would never happen.

They are on a seriously constrained budget. Probably bordering on recycling old assets to make something "new" kind of budget. Spelljammet would be only second to Dark Sun in terms of the level of development required, might as well make a new game.

droid327

If we could helm and fly around in our own personal space ships through the phlogistons of D&D worlds, this game would be beyond awesome.

But due to costs it would never happen.

They are on a seriously constrained budget. Probably bordering on recycling old assets to make something "new" kind of budget. Spelljammet would be only second to Dark Sun in terms of the level of development required, might as well make a new game.
Even if they just recycled the code from the airship quest in e3BC, and we didn't control our own jammers, It'd still be awesome

Mornyngstar

Spell Jammer. We have the ships already and having ship to ship combat would be awesome. Also the chance at confronting Celestial Dragons, Nautaloid ships, Beholder ships and more.

Mickeymouse

Can´t we do like the old elm street movies and go to NYC anno ´83. Crocodile Dundee could be a mini boss with awesome catch phrases, David Patrick 'come out and play' Kelly would be another great addition.

Blunt Hackett

I am happy with any of those with preference to the ones in the 6-8 votes range so far. I voted Planescape because I want to see it represented in a video game the most.

I love Planescape: Torment and would love to see a return to the setting. I don't expect it to resemble Torment though.

Ravenloft is a close second, especially if it was set in Har'akir. But I'd welcome another domain too.