Where should we go after Myth Drannor?

Which place should we go in the next full expansion after Myth Drannor?

• Ravenloft (different domain)

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Dragonlance

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Different part of Forgotten Realms

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Explore a different part of Eberron

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Al-Qadim Campaign World (it's meant to stand alone, look it up)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Planescape

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • The Nine Hells

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • Dark Sun (keep dreaming...)

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Other (explain below).

Votes: 5 5.6%

• Total voters

Blunt Hackett

Planescape is way too ambitious. They don't have the art assets for it.
They didn't have them for Ravenloft, Sharn, or the Isle of Dread either. Maybe it's better for a full expansion. If so, shouldn't the poll be a bit more narrow to areas we have already covered before?

Last edited:

Drunken.dx

OP everything OK?

You actually made good pool for a change.

Good options, no passive aggressive response for those who disagree, no meaningless filler options.

Toede

Man a modern MMO interpretation of Dark Sun sounds amazing. As for a more realistic vote, I don't think Planescape is too ambitious. They could just do a portion of Sigil as a quest hub and then give us a few wilderness areas for the feeling of adventures in the planes.

Lyrin

Eberron Scholar
Yeah, Sigil is the City of Doors, after all. It would be amazing as a hub spot. You could logically connect it to pretty much everywhere.

pame12

What about that mask of the betrayer one from NWN2? What about adapting that story arc? Adding in an interesting secondary progression mechanic once lvl 40 hits about eating spirits/souls to gain more power that persists through TR.
Like maybe every raid boss that you perticipate in, at the end you absorb part of his soul and gain EXP for the spirit eater enhancement tree, similar to the reaper tree?

I think then that would open up nicely to dealing with more god-based entities (similar to the ending of mask of betrayer) where you can start to deal with living gods and introduce those into future raids in seperate modules.

The_Apocalypse

UNDERMOUNTAIN! ...and Waterdeep, too, I guess.

Multiple sagas.

Waterdeep broken down into sections, like Stormreach, but bigger. Various side quests for smaller sections of Undermountain. Plenty of room to add new content as time goes on.

The Yawning Portal entrance to.... Eight levels of brutal super-dungeon. Think ToEE but bigger. At least five floors of hundreds of rooms each.

Then there's Skullport as another expansion, with its own quests and lore and intrigue and such. Also, we have the Undermountain Dungeon Crawl modules.

Plus, Halaster Blackcloak. Finding lore and small clues of the mad mage throughout the quests, building up to the main raid.

Uppsy

Id love to go to Argonessen, could get some Velah/Kor Kaza backstories going as well as some interaction with Cydonie.
Perhaps even explore some Erandis Vol history too who knows.
Argonessen has always been a place I've wanted to go since meeting such cool characters :)

Jummby

Underdark expansion.

Franz, we should all go to the entrance at Fire over Morgrave to see who is in it to win it!
Remember when turbine said no more expansions after the shadowfell disaster? Let's do another expansion ibased on it for laughs!

Can't be any worse than nerfing builds. Seen what they did to dragon breath? If people who used that didn't quit the game after that nerf, the next expansion could be anything and we would al be here, regardless.

The "different part" choices are too generic to be compelling. I don't want just a random "different part" of Forgotten Realms, I want specifically Phandalin and the Lost Mines of Phandelver / the Shattered Obelisk or some Sword Coast based adventure such as Waterdeep: Dragon Heist, Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus or Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frostmaiden. But I specifically don't want yet another Cormyr based location or other backwater place like the Moonsea, Anauroch or Kalimshan.

Solarpower

Ravenloft.

It'll be 7 years this year since Ravenloft was released. Based on polls I've done on YouTube it's the DDO community's favorite of all the expansions, by far.
The only reason it's good it was not created by SSG... It's a PnP module created by a bunch of good authors.
I've said it again again and again, SSG needs to hire a person to write good stories/narratives for their quests !
From the other hand, all of the latest quests are simply ARPG-style massacre so they might not bother much with the narrative but it makes the quests twice as boring.

Anyway, I'd personally like to see more Eberron-specific places.
Let us ride the Lightning rail and meet up with the Undying Court !

Fizban

Keep expanding in Forgotten Realms. A tiny fraction of Forgotten Realms is way bigger than any of the other worlds almost combined.

Uska

Founder
Man a modern MMO interpretation of Dark Sun sounds amazing. As for a more realistic vote, I don't think Planescape is too ambitious. They could just do a portion of Sigil as a quest hub and then give us a few wilderness areas for the feeling of adventures in the planes.
Dark sun needs either it's own game or a special server with special rules

mikarddo

Lets go to Myth D first before worrying about the next thing. Less impatience is often a good thing and a sign of maturity.

Ahser

I will always vote for the Forgotten Realms. Please, give us Icewind Dale. I need more snow and frost in the game >_>