New Tumble is Dumb

ZEMTEK

So the game devs can make the game worst with this new tumble but cant fix it to where the game actually remembers our graphic settings? Who ever came up with this idea to basically render tumble useless should be fired. I used to be able to jump off the cannith high platform and take 0 damage and now I take damage. If you are going to screw up a skill you should also give everyone a heart so they can respend skill points. You just screwed up all my alternate characters and I do not appreciate it at all.

Jummby

So the game devs can make the game worst with this new tumble but cant fix it to where the game actually remembers our graphic settings? Who ever came up with this idea to basically render tumble useless should be fired. I used to be able to jump off the cannith high platform and take 0 damage and now I take damage. If you are going to screw up a skill you should also give everyone a heart so they can respend skill points. You just screwed up all my alternate characters and I do not appreciate it at all.
New Tumble is dumb, old Tumble was dumb with entire parties rolling through dungeons to be a little faster(come on guys admit it) Original Tumble was dumb, it was ineffective.

How much attention should be put in Tumble?

We need a new UI bar for it?

ZEMTEK

New Tumble is dumb, old Tumble was dumb with entire parties rolling through dungeons to be a little faster(come on guys admit it) Original Tumble was dumb, it was ineffective.

How much attention should be put in Tumble?

We need a new UI bar for it?
I personally never used tumble in that way. I only got tumble to take less damage from falling, which is totally pointless now. I do agree about the tumbling through adventures even though I have not seen others do it. I am mostly a solo hunter or with family though. They should make it like the action boosts where people can short cut it if they are using tumble in the way you described. How ever tumble should auto work every single time when falling from height and it dont no more, which is freaking dumb.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
How ever tumble should auto work every single time when falling from height and it dont no more, which is freaking dumb.
I had done some preliminary tests before and it showed that Tumble did reduce fall damage. May I ask if you had any medium or heavy armour, or heavy or tower shield equipped at the time you experienced a fall and Tumble did not appear to reduce any damage?

J1NG

ZEMTEK

its funny because its a repeating complaint. I wasn;'t trying to demean your pain, its being felt amongst many gamers
Well my post was also meant to bring to light that the game devs need to also do something about the idiots not fixing game options to where it remembers graphic settings. Its very very very annoying to have to redo that every freakin time we log in. The devs should be more focused on fixing current game bugs before they screw with peoples characters and they should be giving out hearts since they are screwing up people's characters. Which is not something I have seen discussed in other areas.

ZEMTEK

I had done some preliminary tests before and it showed that Tumble did reduce fall damage. May I ask if you had any medium or heavy armour, or heavy or tower shield equipped at the time you experienced a fall and Tumble did not appear to reduce any damage?

J1NG
I always wear light armor and I never took damage before from jumping off the upper area in house Cannith. Now I do, which just makes tumble 100% pointless to get now.

ZEMTEK

No, keep posting new threads

I want the front page 50% Tumble threads with new ones being posted by new people every day, till the devs realize they cant just turtle up and hope it goes away
Thats my thinking as well plus I would like for them to fix the darn graphic options where the game actually remembers them instead of having to redo them every darn time we log in. Plus I saw no main posts talking about if the game devs are going to screw up peoples toons they need to be giving out some free hearts Or make skill points more like the enhancement points so if get game devs decide to screw up peopls toons by nerfing a skill all they have to do is spend plat or shards to fix.

J1NG

I always wear light armor and I never took damage before from jumping off the upper area in house Cannith. Now I do, which just makes tumble 100% pointless to get now.
Will go test that out in a moment then and see what's up. Do you remember how much Tumble skill you used to have? (Invested) Rank and final modifier? Will try and replicate as close as possible or within same ball park at least. See if it's an armour issue.

It definitely works without wearing armour (which was a new toon fresh off the airship in the Marketplace, where I jumped off).

J1NG

Toede

Not sure what you're talking about. Tumble definitely still reduces fall damage. How many points do you have invested?

ZEMTEK

Will go test that out in a moment then and see what's up. Do you remember how much Tumble skill you used to have? (Invested) Rank and final modifier? Will try and replicate as close as possible or within same ball park at least. See if it's an armour issue.

It definitely works without wearing armour (which was a new toon fresh off the airship in the Marketplace, where I jumped off).

J1NG
I pretty much always have my tumble maxed. I am ALWAYS a mech rouge in disguise. I rarely ever wear any tumble gear and I never took damage jumping down once I was beyond like level 15 I believe but definitely never took damage once epic which my toon is currently lvl 25 and I should not be taking any damage and I am. They totally made tumble worthless. Its a freaking skill it should be active at ALL times when preventing damage from falling. I jump from the upper floaty area in cannith.

J1NG

I just jumped off the House C favour retailer platform (in House C obviously) with two different toons. One was a monk, another a FvS (in case the Monk Slow Fall Capstone impacted on the effect of Tumble).

The Monk with Light Armour and 3 invested ranks, 56 total modifier to Tumble and took 0 (zero) damage.
The FvS with Light Armour and 11 invested ranks, 36 total modifier to Tumble and took 0 (zero) damage.

Screenies and Video available if players really want that from me.

So it sounds like whatever issue you ran into is more unique unto yourself and there is something else (that is not Tumble based) that is the cause of your problem. Given you have also expressed an issue with graphical settings not sticking, this would also suggest that there's a different issue plaguing you and the two might be related.

J1NG