Make dots resistible or saveable

droid327

Well they are resistible...just cast Resist Energy or equip gear with elemental resist. You can also swap to an Orb and block, if you're proficient.

The poison ones can be cured with Remove Poison too, like the green dragon in TOEE Earth, I believe, or the one champ that stacks a poison dot

Incompetent

Having a dot on you that lasts for 10 seconds or longer, that prevents you from doing any thing that requires that you interact with it, such as opening a door or pulling a lever. It doesn't matter if the damage is 400 or 0, and yes, I have had a dot on me that ticked for 0 damage, yet prevented me from opening the door, if the damage is making you just stand there and wait, that's frustrating

Lazuli

Having a dot on you that lasts for 10 seconds or longer, that prevents you from doing any thing that requires that you interact with it, such as opening a door or pulling a lever. It doesn't matter if the damage is 400 or 0, and yes, I have had a dot on me that ticked for 0 damage, yet prevented me from opening the door, if the damage is making you just stand there and wait, that's frustrating
This is not the same as putting a save on a dot. I agree that we should be able to open doors or pull levers by doing a concentration test like in pnp.

But dots should not have salvation. It is a mistake and a deviation from the rules what the devas have done with Carrion Swarm. There are ways to avoid damage, whether through spells, items, enhancements or potions.

droid327

There is a chance to avoid the interruption for some of the long-lived DOTs, eg Howler spines. I think its random though, not related to any skill or stat. You just have to keep trying till it works.

beerweed

First of all i meant give it a spell resistance check. Second what is elemental resist going to do in higher reaper when burning blood ticks for 700?

I appreciate the suggestions, but dots are horribly unbalanced in higher reapers and have little counter play. Also they're annoying to open doors with.
Well they are resistible...just cast Resist Energy or equip gear with elemental resist. You can also swap to an Orb and block, if you're proficient.

The poison ones can be cured with Remove Poison too, like the green dragon in TOEE Earth, I believe, or the one champ that stacks a poison dot

Lazuli

First of all i meant give it a spell resistance check. Second what is elemental resist going to do in higher reaper when burning blood ticks for 700?

I appreciate the suggestions, but dots are horribly unbalanced in higher reapers and have little counter play. Also they're annoying to open doors with.
The cooldown is short. You can cast it multiple times. You can use spell absorption items. You can use swap items that give you energy absorption. You can use enhancements like purge dark magics or epic abilities like nullmagic. There are options.