Killed the boss and the quest became uncompleteable. (Start with Rest For The Night)

So, a lot of us know that there are a couple of quests that break if you start poking the boss that's inactive but not invulnerable before it procs the quest marker. Like Rest For The Night. So, we all know that we need to walk close enough to the boss to agro him manually, and *then* kite as necessary (this really only becomes relevant for kiters). Like in Rest For The Night. It's something a lot of us have dealt. Especially those of us who have run quests like Rest For The Night.

Well guess what? I was just doing Rest For The Night. And I manually agro'd the boss. Because, having run quests like Rest For The Night, I knew that I needed to do that. Then, being a kiter, I kited the boss like a mother ******. Why? Because I was doing legendary Rest For The Night. At level 21. Just because I could. WELL, LONG STORY SHORT, THE ENCOUNTER STILL ******* BROKE. FIX THIS ****. Please.

FYI, for anyone that couldn't figure it out, I'm a little pissed about spending an hour doing Rest For The Night, only to have it break because this is STILL A ******* BUG. We can shoot the gods damned giant skeleton warlock from the second crystal area, but gods forbid we shoot a boss we can actually see.

Upvote 0

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Yeah a ranged attack on the final boss in Rest For The Night is bad (I know...) I'm wondering if you may have broken it by kiting too far from his spawn point?

FireEater

Yeah a ranged attack on the final boss in Rest For The Night is bad (I know...) I'm wondering if you may have broken it by kiting too far from his spawn point?
It breaks the script if you shoot him across the river before you cross and don't activate the script that is initiated once you are approaching.

• Wow
Reactions: dur

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I'm noticing more lag waiting for "things" to process, or "proc".. which only becomes apparent after they proc n I can move again.

BTW, note the Objectives GUI, Zerger :p /s

Ahpuch

Yes too many of the quests are overscripted. The over scripting causes bugs and broken quests if players do something "unexpected" (like range a boss across a river. Inconceivable that a player would do that /s). Latency and Lag also seems to risk breaking these scripts leaving doors locked and boss kills unattainable (because the boss is already dead).

SSG needs to go back to objectives that are defined up front rather than unveiling them as quest triggers are (and possibly "are not") attained. There may be some quests that different endings may evolve based on how the quest is played but that is not what they use the scripting for. It is used to box in the players to a single track (and create fragility).

Would Rest for the Night be ruined if players could run and kill the boss first and then back track to get the shrines (and associated mobs)? No. It would also be more in line with D&D to allow the players some leeway in how to approach a problem rather than putting them on a train track and hoping it doesn't derail.