Helm progression

Purr

So while leveling, I've got crown of snow at level 5, any suggestions on what to swap that out to as I level to 20 and then to 30?

If I do, is there anywhere else to get the freeze effect? Snowpeaks ruby?

I dont Like gimps

according to Wiki its a 35 Fort dc so it becomes irrelvant around sharn and epic ^^
I personally also love to run the Helmet from IOD with profane 2

Vox

IMO don't stress too much. On casters I wear it to cap (with bottle of shadows, 4pc fey inc deadringers, & spineret).

For upgraded freeze on spell cast you'll want the legendary crown of snow, LGS offhand, or dinobone.

Ying

5000+ hours played
The proc rate on the Crown of Snow is pretty low. So I'd rather have the Walking Ancestor's Helmet from dread for +1 DC (from 2 Insightful CHA), as well as contributing to 5pc Dread Isle for 10 USP and +1 DC.

Alco

I like to use the Hardened Hide Helm from Slavers for the middle levels until I get a replacement at 15 from whichever Sharn set I am using. The 35% insightful fort is nice to have.

droid327

Helm is a pretty undervalued spot for leveling blaster locks IME. Not a whole lot of "must have" or "A+" options outside of Crown of Snow

I usually swap to Boundless around L15, just because the bonuses generally stack with other more obvious blaster gear, and Quality Potency is nice to boost both your Blast and Pact power, and there's really not anything super better to go there.

seph1roth5

I feel like my crown of snow triggers a lot actually. Maybe 35 is fine for heroics? Or it's a high % chance to proc and then they can roll a 1? I normally leave on heroic crown of snow til 29 on my casters lol