Knock spell broken?

magnus2882

Have seen it before people posting about trying to boost knock spell to no avail. And Transmutation gear is hard to come by.. I was running PoP last night and tried to knock the Warden's door and failed on a 20 ! The role was 20+28 (fail). I put on a cloak that I had from Ravenloft that gives +5 to transmutation spells. And I tried to knock it again. Weird thing is, that the Roll still only added a +28 modifier to the roll, and I confirmed that I wasn't wearing any other gear or under any other effect that would affect transmutation. And the description on the cloak literally stated that the DCs of transmutation spells get increased!

So what's up with that?

Is there no way to increase the DC's on knock spell?

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Knock DC increase is only through your Caster Stat increase. DC Boosting gear does not help.

J1NG

Lazuli

Transmutation DC boosts do not help Knock. Knock is CL+int or cha bonus. Only things that increase the ability that governs knock or that increase your CL (global or transmutation) help Knock.

edit: ninja'ed :)

magnus2882

Reactions: DBZ

Pano

I usually don't hold much stock in ddo wiki because sometimes it is incorrect - i.e. The Prince's Gauntlet Says the Healing amplification bonus is Competence, but in reality it's Profane - just like if you craft healing amplification on an item, it's also profane despite what the description says.
Lifeblood of the Undead Prince
yes.... this one in particular screwed my 400 (supposedly) neg amp PM build. True

Reactions: DBZ

droid327

I usually don't hold much stock in ddo wiki because sometimes it is incorrect - i.e. The Prince's Gauntlet Says the Healing amplification bonus is Competence, but in reality it's Profane - just like if you craft healing amplification on an item, it's also profane despite what the description says.
Lifeblood of the Undead Prince
The healing amp should be competence. The negative amp is what's profane.

And then the repair amp I think is enhancement, to make it even more confusing lol

All of them are the "basic" channel though, the biggest and most common type for those stats. Which kinda blows for neg since profane is more common now on secondary sets