Do natural ranks of tumble really grant extra tumble charges ?

John3000

Hello,

DDO wiki states :
"As of Update 66, Tumbling now requires a charge to work. You start with two charges by default and spend one whenever you tumble. While you have less than your maximum charges, you gain one every eight seconds. Hold your block key to display the number of available charges.

Certain abilities increase your number of Tumble charges by 1:

• The feat Mobility
  • Thief-Acrobat's third core (Tumbler)
  • 10 natural ranks of Tumble skill (you must have trained the Tumble skill 10 times during heroic levelling; bonuses from items or spells won't help)
  • 20 natural ranks of Tumble skill"
src : https://ddowiki.com/page/Tumble_(skill)

I've got a toon with 11 natural ranks, but only the default 2 charges showing up... So is it bugged ? Or is the DDO wiki wrong ?

Cheers

Sympl

I have characters with up to 5 charges. I haven't bothered to try to tie it to my tumble skill, but it is on rogues that I would have spent large amounts of extra points into tumble on, so.....I've just assumed it WAI.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Ranks is points you train, so if you've trained 10 points into it then you should have another pip. It's also bugged(?) or by-design(?) that if you're wearing medium or heavy armor you don't get those extra tumble charges.

drjoans

kinda-known member
It does give more charges. Are you sure you're looking at the amount of trained tumble points?

John3000

It's also bugged(?) or by-design(?) that if you're wearing medium or heavy armor you don't get those extra tumble charges.

This. Took off my armor and got another extra charge... So like you said, either bugged or WAI. Didn't see that mentioned on wiki or other forum notes. Too bad the extra charges are tied to Zero or light armor. I assumed the capped 75%/50% penalty to dodge for heavier armor type was enough.... Why block the extra charge ? Oh, well... :confused: