Clearwater Diamond Augment "fixed"/nerfed in today's update

PURPLETIMB

Since today's update the Clearwater Diamond augment is no longer providing +14 hps every minute and it's now giving it's "correct" 1 hp / minute.

Seriously? All the things in this game that need work and someone spent development time fixing this? Even at it's bugged +14 hps / minute this augment was a fun but mostly pointless novelty. At 1 hp / minute it's a joke and completely worthless, even at level one.

Sylla

That augment has only one use and that is to stabilize you when unconscious. That would be very usefull augment back in the 2006-2008 era.
Now you go from full HP to -100s in a second, and unconscious range is obsolete for majority of the player base.

Worth to slot it if you are first/second lifer, running normal/hard difficulty.

Sylla

Imo they should rework it to provide permanent Lesser Vigor effect. Then it would be cool to have at low heroic levels.

TedSandyman

Yeah +14 isn't much in today's game. But +1 is just a ridiculous amount. ALL of those +1s should have been scaled/updated with the increased HP over the years in my opinion. A +25 today would be about the equivalent of +1 back then. Maybe even more.

Reactions: woq

droid327

That augment has only one use and that is to stabilize you when unconscious. That would be very usefull augment back in the 2006-2008 era.
Now you go from full HP to -100s in a second, and unconscious range is obsolete for majority of the player base.

Worth to slot it if you are first/second lifer, running normal/hard difficulty.

Eh IDK, combine it with an Undying Sapphire and its essentially +225 HP for 2 aug slots. But yeah, its obsolete with Diehard, and that comes free with FotW, which is the biggest source of Unconc Range anyway.

JustHavingFunBro

Yeah +14 isn't much in today's game. But +1 is just a ridiculous amount. ALL of those +1s should have been scaled/updated with the increased HP over the years in my opinion. A +25 today would be about the equivalent of +1 back then. Maybe even more.
While we are at it can we please get something better than cure serious wounds potions that doesn't come from the RMT store.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Seriously? They waste time and effort on that? *smh* Meanwhile, they've bugged up the Examination circle beyond recognition. Sometimes it feels like the theme of each update is "how can we make the game worse for players?" Because if that's the theme they are going for they are doing Aces.
I think we have reached the point where they actively HATE the players. I feel bad for the people spending $$$ on this.

I mean, they literally said "well if you don't like this feature don't use it" multiple times. They know this is a subscription based game right? They've already taken people's money and then it's your fault for paying them. ***

Drunken.dx

Seriously? They waste time and effort on that? *smh* Meanwhile, they've bugged up the Examination circle beyond recognition. Sometimes it feels like the theme of each update is "how can we make the game worse for players?" Because if that's the theme they are going for they are doing Aces.
this confirms my theory from my Steam review: "someone at SSG with decision making powers does not know what they want, but they want it NOW"

Rakehell

Wow. I haven't tested it yet, but that is disappointing.

At +14 per minute, it was sort of useful at lower levels and worth slotting in maybe a 5th or 6th item slot position. But at +1 per minute, that is really insignificant.

Really frustrating when you get these fairly rare augments, they have a unique name that makes it standout (i.e. clearwater), but then it is not even worth while to slot!

Aelonwy

Wow. I haven't tested it yet, but that is disappointing.

At +14 per minute, it was sort of useful at lower levels and worth slotting in maybe a 5th or 6th item slot position. But at +1 per minute, that is really insignificant.

Really frustrating when you get these fairly rare augments, they have a unique name that makes it standout (i.e. clearwater), but then it is not even worth while to slot!
See I don't even know if they play enough to understand how insignificant and useless this is... are they unaware its now pretty much a junk item they created for nothing? Or are they perfectly aware and did this on purpose because they enjoy nerfing things to uselessness? I lean toward they don't play enough to understand that 1hp per minute isn't worth it to almost anyone... but I've seen enough nerfs to useful things that people just enjoy without it really affecting balance to wonder.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Usually changes like this to existing effects that are so low on the rader, are because there's something coming up ahead that makes use of the same effect but at a higher level and so whilst making the new one, they fix the old one at the same time.

Given there's Myth Drannor coming up, either there's an item or effect there that replicates this very effect for Epic and possibly another for Legendary, or there'll be an Epic/Legendary version that's been made that'll drop from Saltmarsh. However, given the typical nature of not going back to make adjustments (new items / effects in this case) for older content, my bet would be something in the upcoming expansion.

J1NG

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Since today's update the Clearwater Diamond augment is no longer providing +14 hps every minute and it's now giving it's "correct" 1 hp / minute.

Seriously? All the things in this game that need work and someone spent development time fixing this? Even at it's bugged +14 hps / minute this augment was a fun but mostly pointless novelty. At 1 hp / minute it's a joke and completely worthless, even at level one.
That aug should produce a "Diehard" effect nothing more.
The +1 HP/min is offensivly insulting