After Myth Drannor, might I suggest something Maztica?

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
I mean we already got Dinosaurs and Fire Salamanders, Wildmen and Shifters aren't too far off from being able to portray savages and shaman.....You Can Do It!
index.php
1354364310-0500803-www.nevsepic.com.ua.jpg

Upvote 2

droid327

No way this dev team ever agrees to depict anything resembling real-world non-European civilizations. It'd be cultural appropriation or whatever.

Eoin

SSG doesn't like wildmen for reasons. They even replaced some with bullywugs, because people can't associate frog people with nasally croaks to any human demographic.

Probably won't be heading to Kara-Tur or Al-Qadim either.

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
They wouldn't even need to do too much work making new monsters either as a lot of reskinning of current monsters is all thats really needed like Drow Scorpions/Scorrows can be reskinned into Tlincalli. Kamatlan's can be reskinned Displacer Beasts without the blurriness efffect, Tlalocoatl can be made from Purple Worms reskinned, etc. etc.
...... You Can Do It!

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
And off topic, hope Myth Drannor includes a revisit from Tyranthraxus from the Pool of Radiance and SSI Gold Box OG DnD computer games. Maybe a minor optional too, to deal with the Pool of Radiance or prehaps Pools of Darkness......Pay Homage to DnD history in the Crpg Realms!

Aelonwy

I wouldn't be against it but I'd much rather have MOAR Ravenloft! But there are plenty of jungle environments in Xendrik they could more fully explore. Some of our adventures already take place there (Ruins of Threnal, Stormcleave Outpost, Faithful Departed) but there is more than enough room for more. I'm not sure where Redwillow's Ruins are located but they also fit in Xendrik and its giant ruins. Certainly, they could fit in new(er) civilizations of Yuanti or Lizardfolk and new mobs like Bulette, recolored panthers to be jaguars, constrictors, maybe couatl, maybe some fungus mobs?

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
also would like to see some Krynn sometime soonish plz
Wouldn't mind that. I've always said, that it might finally get us the workaround for a "Five Headed Chromatic Dragon" into the game when we were denied Tiamat because Neverwinter got access to them instead.

The only issue is that last I checked, the creators of Dragonlance and Wizards had a falling out. And I don't know if that's been resolved yet to get us the access.

J1NG

Br4d

Also, DDO doesn't really make depth work for the most part. Areas that are deep, like the canyon in Demon Sands or the entire Demon Web, are very sparsely populated and generally fly-over territory for most players.

The first time I ran the Demon Web it took me about half an hour to realize the entire zone was set up to waste pots.

Dunspartacus

I'm hyped for Myth Drannor but yeah I'd love to see more out there realms/locations in the future. One of the things that initially drew me to DDO was I had never played in an Eberron setting, and getting to see all its quirks and differences from all the Faerun based campaigns/games I had played in the past was really cool, and I've literally never heard of Maztica before so I'm super down for it.