SoS vs ESoS

Fauxknight

I agree that with just one to keep it heroic and get an eXuum. Curse, augment, and filigree up the Xuum and you can still pass it around if you play more than 1 character.

FuzzyDuck81

There are a few things that are better for specific builds & situations, but SoS & eSoS are still right up there. Another thing that might be worth bearing in mind is that as greatswords they're both capable of being favoured weapons for lord of blades followers & any paladins vs. other 2handers which can be more niche in their accessibility or need extra building around.

nenetteblackmoor

The cosmetic of the Legendary SoS cannot have an effect added with the Glamered Weapon Aura.
And no matter how many times we ask, the developers of DDO won't fix it.

Purr

Long time casual pugger here. VON5/6 is one of my favourite raids, and yesterday had the luck to jump on a R3 heroic pug. As so often, a slightly chaotic but fine run of VON5, rapidly became a bit of a mess at VON6. Several quit, but about five of us stuck with it, got the pillars down, and had a genuine scrap with Velah but got there in the end. Someone pulls an SoS and kindly offers a roll, which I win - happy days.

No immediate plans for a sword build, but obvs got to build for it sometime. What I am wondering is whether to upgrade to eSoS (have plenty parts). I run both heroics and epics. Looking at wiki, the epic obviously is better in absolute terms (doh) but I'm much less clear about which is better relative to level. Any advice?
Esos is better since it's a lot easier for filigree purposes to just have that one weapon you feed stuff to

Hireling

I have both and I am a Warforged Favored Soul Simp, so there is that.
But I'd say use it until 20 and then Epic it.
BUT then stay in epics a little while and keep running the raid. Even splurge on raid timers and use runes to buy another.

nenetteblackmoor

If you're not playing a High Reaper with Heroic, I believe any makeshift weapon, akin to Barovian's Weapon, would suffice.

However, beyond level 20, it's advisable to utilize a superior weapon due to the Filigree system.