An expansion giveaway does not equal a discovery elixir

DDO Gaming

so...what if the devs have concluded they cannot code the expansion giveaway and offer the elixir as an alternative?

erethizon1

I am not going to bust a fuse over this--it IS something. But it isn't even close to comparable value. And here is the main rub: does SSG want to condition players to buy all expansions as soon as offered for cash? Or do they want to condition players to wait and get them for points or free? Reward your whales for being whales if you want to keep them.
Yes, this is exactly what I was getting at. It's not that it is a big deal. It is that it teaches precisely the wrong lesson.

erethizon1

The only lesson is teaches me is SSG gave away too many freebies (including 99DDO ones) and now they're kindof trapped
As a person that has every expansion, I hope the solution to the bug with this month's giveaway is to give every expansion and an elixir of discovery to everyone. That said, giving something nice to everyone that bought all the expansions from the DDO Market (i.e. not me) still seems like a wise idea. Let the people that paid for all the expansions get something special they will enjoy so they don't have any thoughts of regret.

Archaic

It's a free gift.... ? Imagine complaining about something that's free
If they made a 25 percent boost elixir it might mean something. Having used these things several times it seems they only really work in heroic. Never had much luck with them in Legendary.