So This Xpack Giveaway Bug, Does It Alter the Year of the Dragon Calendar Schedule or Are We Shafted a Week of Opportunity to Claim Our Xpack?

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
So This Xpack Giveaway Bug, Does It Alter the Year of the Dragon Calendar Schedule or Are We Shafted a Week of Opportunity to Claim Our Xpack? Since it seems apparent this not getting addressed with a hotfix or any patching till the Wednesday shutdown time.

tsotate

And if it does change the schedule by a week, can you at least rename the awards so now they'll actually be named for the month they can mostly be claimed in? That didn't confuse anyone, after all.

FaceDancer

Olde Wurm
Doubtful. I suspect you will just have to talk to the NPC next to the dragon to claim it (you can currently claim previous monthly prizes from them currently if I remember correctly..)

DDO Gaming

So This Xpack Giveaway Bug, Does It Alter the Year of the Dragon Calendar Schedule or Are We Shafted a Week of Opportunity to Claim Our Xpack? Since it seems apparent this not getting addressed with a hotfix or any patching till the Wednesday shutdown time.
I dont think the xpack giveaway can be coded as intended hence I suspect the devs are seeking an alternative solution

axel15810

I doubt they'll extend this month's giveaway to compensate, since the giveaway calendar is set and a week delay would mean delaying every other month this year. So they'd have to change the calendar completely unless the tech is there for the dragon to offer 2 rewards at the same time, which I kind of doubt is the case.

It's fine though. Just log on and claim when it gets fixed. Everyone will still have ~3 weeks and it takes all of 5 minutes. I don't think it's much of a problem.

Last edited:

Sarlona Raiding

Just put a note on your calendar to check back in a week if you don't log in frequently.

I can't think of a scenario where the downtime would keep me from claiming an xpac. You still have a 3 week window to claim it. If it's easy, sure extend it a week. If not I don't think it's worth dev time to address this perceived issue.

Ahpuch

I doubt they'll extend this month's giveaway to compensate, since the giveaway calendar is set and a week delay would mean delaying every other month this year. So they'd have to change the calendar completely unless the tech is there for the dragon to offer 2 rewards at the same time, which I kind of doubt is the case.

It's fine though. Just log on and claim when it gets fixed. Everyone will still have ~3 weeks and it takes all of 5 minutes. I don't think it's much of a problem.
Unless of course one has limited access due to travel or other limitations to access. If you have a 3 week trip planned for the start of May, it could be tight....

But lets not get all worked up and angry. Some of that vitriol needs to be saved for when this happens for VIP rewards and players get shifted by a month.