Genuine question: Why doesn't VIP spell swap apply to Wizards?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Not working with any book based casters from what I'm seeing (not working for druid, arti, cleric either). So likely just an all around bug with that new VIP feature.

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
Not working with any book based casters from what I'm seeing (not working for druid, arti, cleric either). So likely just an all around bug with that new VIP feature.
The icon specifically lists Bard, Favored Soul, Sorcerer and Warlock and also the spell icons are enabled on my ranger but disabled on my wizard so it must be the outcome of deliberate consideration.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The icon specifically lists Bard, Favored Soul, Sorcerer and Warlock and also the spell icons are enabled on my ranger but disabled on my wizard so it must be the outcome of deliberate consideration.

"We’re adding a new always-available VIP perk related to spell swapping. While you are VIP you can swap spells in any public area, and you don’t have a cooldown when changing spells at the trainer. "

My assumption is only 1 of the 2 features is working right and it's a bug vs a deliberate choice.

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
"We’re adding a new always-available VIP perk related to spell swapping. While you are VIP you can swap spells in any public area, and you don’t have a cooldown when changing spells at the trainer. "

My assumption is only 1 of the 2 features is working right and it's a bug vs a deliberate choice.
vipspellswap.png

It looks like a deliberate list.

Epicsoul

vipspellswap.png

It looks like a deliberate list.
That's talking about changing spells at a trainer, which only applies to the classes listed. It has nothing to do with swapping spells in one's spellbook, which would apply to Wizards and communicated by "While you are VIP you can swap spells in any public area." That part wouldn't even apply to the classes in the description you posted.

drjoans

kinda-known member
The 'while you are VIP you can swap spells in any public area' is definitely not live. I'm not one of the listed classes that spell swap a trainers applies to so can't speak to that portion.

Discount Gandalf

Being able to catch em all is the wizard specialty. They don't need to spell swap like a second rate more limited spellcaster because they can scribe scrolls. There is a difference between swapping spells and preparing them. If you want add a specific spell to your spellbook, go buy it. In most cases, it is for sale. Try house Jorasco or Phiarlan.

Bjond

Probably because Wizard is one of those classes that can more or less swap at will anyway, just be at a tavern or a shrine. Shrine is a bit dicey, iirc you have to have *just* shrined, but not moved or buffed -- wiki prolly has the exact details, it's not a feature I use much (or ever? maybe once)

seph1roth5

Definitely not WAI. I spent the last 5-10 min checking around before coming to the forums and finding someone already started it!

From the wording in the vip program it definitely sounds like wiz/cleric/other prepared casters SHOULD be able to swap spells anywhere. Because spontaneous people can only do it at the trainer, so why would they specify being able to swap in any public area.

Whole system is utter trash. The reward program, the delivery, basically every single aspect of it is bungled lol.

Yulrem

Legend of The Troubled
Definitely not WAI. I spent the last 5-10 min checking around before coming to the forums and finding someone already started it!

From the wording in the vip program it definitely sounds like wiz/cleric/other prepared casters SHOULD be able to swap spells anywhere. Because spontaneous people can only do it at the trainer, so why would they specify being able to swap in any public area.

Whole system is utter trash. The reward program, the delivery, basically every single aspect of it is bungled lol.

Archaic

Wizards scribe spells and can scribe every one. Clerics get the entire spell list.
There really isn't a reason to swap spells except maybe levels 1-4 as a new player for any class that is not stuck with the spells they chosen during leveling.