Macrotechnic installed drives visuals are ugly

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
I finally got around to level a backup artificer (cause runearms suck now) to use macrotechnic and suddenly I saw some ugly off coloured things around my runearm.

It's bad enough we can't glammer runearms, now we are forced to have ugly looking discs around my floating eyes or cutting my quori mindspider in half? It wasn't bad enough you killed runearms, you had to make them ugly too to throw insult to injury?

Is there a way to turn those visuals off that I am not aware off?

Wini

Yes, drives are ugly, so they are Vecna's rune arm models and they cannot be glammered either.

I value aesthetics and I just cannot conceive setting a main toon into a build using this because it feels abhorrent and there are no ways to change it.

I feel the same with Inquisitive attack models and most PDK skins, but at least in that particular case you can just hide the entire toon with a helmet/sack and do not focus a lot on that particular strafe run with a greatsword in hand.

Edit: typo

Last edited:

LurkingVeteran

I feel the same with Inquisitive attack models and most PDK skins, but at least in that particular case you can just hide the entire toon with a helmet/sack and do not focus a lot on that particular strafe run with a greatsword in hand.

Do helmets work on dragonborn yet? That was basically PDK with the added twist that you can't cover up the ugliness.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Yes, drives are ugly, so they are Vecna's rune arm models and they cannot be glammered either.

I value aesthetics and I just cannot conceive setting a main toon into a build using this because it feels abhorrent and there are no ways to change it.

I wonder if they designed the drives with the vecna runearms in mind. I haven't used them yet but perhaps ugly+ugly=less ugly?

But let me tell you, those drives with the bone runearm are so bad they can't even be so bad they are good.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I wonder if they designed the drives with the vecna runearms in mind. I haven't used them yet but perhaps ugly+ugly=less ugly?

But let me tell you, those drives with the bone runearm are so bad they can't even be so bad they are good.
You hit the nail on the head!

I just checked and the drives align super well to Demon Engine.