Epic Madstone Crater Cannot Complete

Ferrell

I just ran Return to Madstone Crater and could not finish the quest, even though I killed the end boss, got the chest, returned to speak to Hworrl at the entrance. Everything seemed fine, except the quest did not complete. The status still said "Rescue Third Seer." The third seer had already broken the crystal. So, there was nothing for me to do. Just to be sure, I slagged all the way back to the 3rd seer. He was just standing there. No crystal. No monster.

Ferrell

I just ran Return to Madstone Crater and could not finish the quest, even though I killed the end boss, got the chest, returned to speak to Hworrl at the entrance. Everything seemed fine, except the quest did not complete. The status still said "Rescue Third Seer." The third seer had already broken the crystal. So, there was nothing for me to do. Just to be sure, I slagged all the way back to the 3rd seer. He was just standing there. No crystal. No monster.

I tried running it a second time. This time, when I got to the first seer in the cave, no skeletons and he just stood there doing nothing. I gave up. I couldn't talk to him or anything.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I tried running it a second time. This time, when I got to the first seer in the cave, no skeletons and he just stood there doing nothing. I gave up. I couldn't talk to him or anything.
Did you exit, reset and go back in, or did you simply reenter?

Jummby

Try chatting with him.before you do anything next time. You talk to him at the start and at the end. If you do the whole quest without talking to him the initial objective disappears and you cant complete the quest. There are several poorly designed quests like this.

There is one in feywild with a hut. There is an old lady to talk to at the start. If you don't talk to her at the start and do the quest, you can't finish it.

I know of many others as do other longtime players. I can't list them all or my post will turn into a book.

The Narc

You dont need to talk to the giant at the start you can talk to him twice at the end, did you clear the starting battlefield area because that i think is required.

Aaumini

The objective you list is fulfilled in the cave when you kill the Madstone enchanter behind him and then talk to him there, in the cave. Should be completed before you go to the area where he does his crystal destruction thing.

Lazuli

If the objective of the third crystal was unfulfilled, it is because there was a moment of lag when the crystal broke and the game did not register the objective as accomplished.

That can happen very occasionally with any objective in the game. It's very annoying when it happens. All you have to do is restart the quest and repeat. It is doubtful that it will be repeated in a row.

Mnemor

If the objective you had uncompleted was "Rescue the third seer" that means something went wrong in the cave, not at the crystal.
Fair enough. But it is probably a problem of not registering the objective due to a lag spike. It's something that happens occasionally. It can happen in any quest in the game, in any objective. Luckily, it's rare.