Thanks for Nothing SSG

Kimbere

Ran the discovery elixir from the YotD reward during the following raids and pulled exactly ZERO named items, tomes, etc.
  • Fire Over Morgrave
  • Hunt or Be Hunted
  • Legendary Vision of Destruction
  • Old Baba's Hut
Please try to do better in the future when showing appreciation for the customers have supported you by buying every expansion in the past (and generally the higher tier options at that).

There were soooo many better options for a reward that you could have chosen than a 1-hour elixir that provided absolutely no benefit in the end.

So yeah, thanks for nothing SSG.

Last edited:

Drunken.dx

For those who think that pot was OK "reward" for those who bought every expansion, this is why we complained.

10% increased chance for an hour is not "good reward"

It's to reliant on RNG.

When SSG introduced those pots in game I got one and had similar experience like OP, no named in 1 hour of that pot.
felt like I wasted my points

EDIT: now don't get me wrong, giving choice of expansion for free to players is "gigachad" (I say that unironically) move by SSG (as is free for all code). healthy for community since more players will be able to play together

But those of us who support SSG and buy all expansions feel like SSG doesn't appreciate we support them, same as VIP's feel after free for all code.

I mean, SSG, we give you money, and you can't be bothered to even give one gesture which would show you appreciate that?
feels like only ones with you do appreciate are those with "why buy when I'll get it for free eventually" stance

goes quite well with my opinion that whoever makes decision about monetization in SSG is REALLY bad at their job

Last edited:

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I had 3 different pots running in saltmarsh and got Zero Named Items. I was very surprised because I usually get 2 or 3 a run. n o' course I found Zero SXP.

🙄

TavernBrawler

You are asking something good from Severlin who tells past lives creates crippling lag but also approves new classes, EDs and races with additional past lives adding to more lag. It is simply fiscally irresponsible.

Fallout47

Ya, the pot is only for 1 hour too.

I didn't bother to pick it up and have alerts every time I log on to go pick it up.

Not worth the trip to hall of heroes for the pot, but might be worth the trip to stop the annoying alerts.
I picked it up for this reason. Just quaffed it on the first toon to log in and could care less. Picked up IoD on the 3rd account that I spend nothing on. Lesson learned?

Tilomere

My understanding is that it is useless on its own, but combined with astral shards to reroll and treasure hunters elixirs on a treasure hunt weekend, you can clean up on reaper shards in heroic dungeons like feywild/slave lords.

Asterphen

I feel like SSG went with the method proven by social science to have the least actual impact while also having the biggest emotional impact. If they would have given runes to a raid of our choice it would have reulted in an actual impact wihtout a psychological rush. We would have known what to expect and received exactually what we expected which isn't exciting. Instead drinking the potion provides such a dream of possibility of what might happen. Even if we do not actually pull any named items, we still benefit from the knowledge that we could have almost benefitted from the potion. Near miss theory, losing feels like winning

Smokewolf

I feel like SSG went with the method proven by social science to have the least actual impact while also having the biggest emotional impact. If they would have given runes to a raid of our choice it would have reulted in an actual impact wihtout a psychological rush. We would have known what to expect and received exactually what we expected which isn't exciting. Instead drinking the potion provides such a dream of possibility of what might happen. Even if we do not actually pull any named items, we still benefit from the knowledge that we could have almost benefitted from the potion. Near miss theory, losing feels like winning
A reward that jerks the recipients around, isn't a reward but rather gambling. Dev's attempting to social-science their player base, just shows how out of touch they are with us.

@Dev's Players expect something tangible, not gaming trinkets that require added shard rolls to maximize its limited effectiveness. All this really does is require more crap from the store, which frankly most of us could do without.

Kimbere

Nah, the potion just irritated me for multiple reasons, all of which have been stated repeatedly on these forums in the past few weeks.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Tilo’s reroll on lowbie reaper chests is a great idea, not sure why Slavers. I am wondering which chests to hit, and fast. Was thinking werewolf opt chest in Immortality Lessons. Another fast chest is Bash optional in Blockade Buster but I would not reroll it.

For just getting a reaper stat I have hit the Kobold quest in Borderlands for a fast one in the hopes of getting an 8 mp boosted ring. Right now I am at 5 mp.

ACJ97F

You're talking to the same group that designed Archetypes out-of-class to add to the TR creep (after saying they didn't want creep), spin the
design wheel randomly, and ignore a 7-year bug list. Are you really expecting anything they do to make sense? That's the real RND in DDO. (y)

I dont Like gimps

we still benefit from the knowledge that we could have almost benefitted from the potion. Near miss theory, losing feels like winning
Not my thought at all the Only thing my Mind says is : Nothing in a whole chain despite an additional 10%
2 days later I run 3 quests and get 3 Blues 2 Augments and a 20% xp pot all while not running a Pot
and it just makes u feel like its a scam even if u are fully aware that its just probability

Sheikra

But those of us who support SSG and buy all expansions feel like SSG doesn't appreciate we support them, same as VIP's feel after free for all code.

I mean, SSG, we give you money, and you can't be bothered to even give one gesture which would show you appreciate that?
feels like only ones with you do appreciate are those with "why buy when I'll get it for free eventually" stance

goes quite well with my opinion that whoever makes decision about monetization in SSG is REALLY bad at their job

You bought expansions, so you got the items that they give/quests years ago.

I am assuming (correct me if I am wrong) that you did not buy the expansions just to give SSG money (other ways to do that, with higher ceilings).

"Can't give even one gesture" bro they literally gave exactly 1 gesture lol. It's not great, but it is literally a gesture of appreciation. If you don't want to pay for stuff for the first 2+ years that it comes out, don't buy it.

I for one will continue to buy expansions. $100 (or whatever) is worth the years of fun I'll get out of it before it goes free.

Kyrr

You bought expansions, so you got the items that they give/quests years ago.

I am assuming (correct me if I am wrong) that you did not buy the expansions just to give SSG money (other ways to do that, with higher ceilings).

"Can't give even one gesture" bro they literally gave exactly 1 gesture lol. It's not great, but it is literally a gesture of appreciation. If you don't want to pay for stuff for the first 2+ years that it comes out, don't buy it.

I for one will continue to buy expansions. $100 (or whatever) is worth the years of fun I'll get out of it before it goes free.
It's crazy to think that class(es)/races that were previously purchased before u53 were given elixir(s) of discovery per class/race but for this expansion it's a singular one.

Now, they get all of this for free versus an expansion, which expansions give a lot more than a class or a race, but I'm siding with drunken.dx.

It's unfair to provide a single potion relying on RNG as a basis for giving out an expansion that people rightfully paid for with earned money (which can be later earned in DDO store with a grind).

Last edited: