What Single Thing about DDO do you Hate the Most?

What Single Thing about DDO do you Hate the Most/is most detrimental to the overall game?

• The Lag and the Bugs.

• The Pricing and Costs. (too expensive)

• The inventory management (too annoying)

• The Customer Service from SSG (lacking/too slow/inconsiserate)

• The Grind (waaay too grindy)

• Developers not listening to players enough

• Not enough raid/quest variety/development

• The Nerfs

• Not enough things to do at cap

• None. DDO is fine as-is.

Results are only viewable after voting.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
What Single Thing about DDO do you Hate the Most?
The direction the game has taken the last few years. The last honest pack was borderlands and the last honest expansion was ravenloft.

It's really being developed like an afk mobile game with infinite systems* (crafting/upgrading/sentient/enhancement/destiny/reaper/younameit) and making money whaling off patron coffers and "collector's" editions of every year mini expansions

Aelonwy

Choosing just one was a very tough choice. I went with lag and bugs which can be instantly aggravating. But inventory management is a soul-sucking time waster and nerfs often cause breaks from the game either for ourselves or friends which can make playing way less fun and more feeling despondent.

Lagin

The direction the game has taken the last few years. The last honest pack was borderlands and the last honest expansion was ravenloft.

It's really being developed like an afk mobile game with infinite systems* (crafting/upgrading/sentient/enhancement/destiny/reaper/younameit) and making money whaling off patron coffers and "collector's" editions of every year mini expansions
^^^

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Myth Drannor WILL BE DIFFERENT !

Trust me. It'll be on par with Feywild/Ravenloft in terms of QUALITY, Voice Acting, Content, and Gearing/progression.

Just trust. And if it doesn't you guys can always quit then. But give it one more round with Myth Drannor!

PraetorPlato

Lockouts. Nearly every major fight in nearly every quest has barriers that spring up preventing the whole party from entering the room together. The first person enters the room, the barrier springs up, and the rest of the party have to click around trying to find the little swirly icon to get in. This usually results in the boss (or mini-boss) being able to pick off the party one by one.

I can't think of ONE good reason for this. If you're going to lockout the fight room, at least let the party get in the room first.
It's so you can't kite red names out forever like you could do with older bosses.

PraetorPlato

Vecna was quite high-quality for the price, and def better than salt marsh. Decent gear, lots of good quests, new raid, etc.

Lagin

Myth Drannor WILL BE DIFFERENT !

Trust me. It'll be on par with Feywild/Ravenloft in terms of QUALITY, Voice Acting, Content, and Gearing/progression.

Just trust. And if it doesn't you guys can always quit then. But give it one more round with Myth Drannor!
how long have you been playing DDO? The current staff has lost the creative edge it once had. (looking at codex nonsense) Elminster you picked the wrong crowd to try and be an SSG cheerleader.

Mordenkainen

So a couple months from now you'll be complaining that they put good gear in the raid, right?
Naw, I'm done chasing the gear for power hamster wheel. I'm much more concerned about cosmetics!

So, if SSG could place copies of each unique cosmetic in said raid AND a corresponding 6 person quest that would be awesome. It's just cosmetics, so I think everyone can get behind this idea.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Mordenkainen

Yep they hate range and this is why you have the annoying barriers. It all started when the melees complained, roflmao!
Honestly fellas, don't tell anyone this but I never actually played a ranged or caster before. Just melees.
8p62gu.gif

Col Kurtz

how long have you been playing DDO? The current staff has lost the creative edge it once had. (looking at codex nonsense) Elminster you picked the wrong crowd to try and be an SSG cheerleader.
indeed/ the forum crowd is 50/50 positive at best..preach in game would be a better spot if u want a crowd to cheer

For me it's the general trend of devaluing old content, and hyperinflating the value of new content.

I mean this in both monetization and balance. There are loads of cool old items that are basically worthless because they don't give any of the new, important versions of stats.

The Narc

For me it's the general trend of devaluing old content, and hyperinflating the value of new content.

I mean this in both monetization and balance. There are loads of cool old items that are basically worthless because they don't give any of the new, important versions of stats.
I think this is even more prevalent in the classes and races and now they are even attempting it in epic destinies, i expect a new amazing epic destiny to come out with myth dranor that will blow away all other destinies but will come at a hefty price for the ultimate package.

PraetorPlato

I think this is even more prevalent in the classes and races and now they are even attempting it in epic destinies, i expect a new amazing epic destiny to come out with myth dranor that will blow away all other destinies but will come at a hefty price for the ultimate package.
Machro is quite weak....