Hall of Heroes Passport

CherryBomb

How does this thing work? I have only seen the destination choice presented on my test iconic. Is there some other utility available or just a sink for some DDO points?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If you're VIP or an iconic you have access to it. Otherwise you have to buy it for your account. I bought it in a prior HC season where I want to do some stuff estar side before I did LoD chain to unlock the passageway. But if you have an estar key or don't care about getting over there fast, it's really not needed most of the time.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
It lets you move a character to one of the HoH (Eberron or Eveningstar) before logging in.

I've only ever used it once on a character that flat out could not move in the Lower necro publuc area.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I also wonder what kind of fast travel we might see to the Forgotten Realms with the next expansion.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Is it really fast travel or just a positioning option at login?
Just that option at login. WoTC put requirements in place when SSG added the Forgotten Realms in where they had to make the world feel distinctly different (and I assume using the login screen as the teleport location counted as you not traveling fast "in game" without a cost like the long cooldown on the key).