Fragments of reaper power

Bjond

even when you accumulate 75 frags, I wouldn't bother using them unless it's for the really good enchants
Absolutely! The fragments accumulate so very slowly. Make them pay off BIG when you use them. The first reaper enchant I did was for a low-level butterfly hat. It gets used on every TR every character from L5 to L29.

My next will likely be a L31 Dino Hat because it can be traded around and reconfigured if&when the current build wants something else. I have two prospective caster gearsets, one that uses Elder Cap and one with Dino. Going Dino purely because reapering the Elder more or less locks it to that build.

Sarlona Raiding

The only time I farm for reaper bonuses is on weekend +10 or better loot bonus weekends. I rarely reroll outside those short windows.

I find an item I want with a specific reaper bonus and farm those chests x8 or more depending on how many alts you have. I've had limited success getting the specific item I wanted, but I do see alot of 5-fragment bonuses I can crunch and sometimes do get the bonus I want. Although I noticed I get a lot of boot bonuses but rarely see a helm bonus.

Quests with artifacts are good becuase those have more items that can have reaper bonuses, e.g., the 4 short quests at the bottom of upper morgrave which also have 2 sought-after helmets.

When you synch up all 4 - weekend loot bonus, elixirs of discovery, quests with artifacts and rerolls you will get quite a few items to crunch and may get lucky and get the specific thing you want. I was lucky to sell 2 cursed cleansing cards and that more than covered an entire weekend of rerolls the last time we had the bonus.

With that said if SSG offered an additional +x vip bonus on top of the regular weekend bonus that would be a very compelling reason for people to consider vip.

My experience is that the treasure hunter potions don't increase chances of reaper bonuses, but the weekend bonuses do. People have varying opinions on both.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
Does anybody have a good way of farming them (if it is even possible)? Rerolling low level chests? Any particular quests with good Chests/Minute ratio? Does Treasure hunter elixir really helps (how much)? Is it worth using discovery elixir for this?
Ravenloft and Feywild are both fairly good shouts here - end chests in both those packs have a chance to drop a random named weapon in addition to their normal loot list, and many of the quests have some way to unlock a second end chest with the same chance at a named item. (Also, Feywild has several short quests.)

Pano

Absolutely! The fragments accumulate so very slowly. Make them pay off BIG when you use them. The first reaper enchant I did was for a low-level butterfly hat. It gets used on every TR every character from L5 to L29.

My next will likely be a L31 Dino Hat because it can be traded around and reconfigured if&when the current build wants something else. I have two prospective caster gearsets, one that uses Elder Cap and one with Dino. Going Dino purely because reapering the Elder more or less locks it to that build.
I made a reaper helm from IoD raid helm - It is customizable/recraftable and has good card curse on it.

Lotoc

Feywild chests are good in general, named item chests can drop both a ferrocrystal weapon and a named item at the same time which each independantly roll for reaper bonus.
Legendary feywild adds an additional roll for an artifact.
Even the non named item chests will roll odds for artifact + ferrocrystal weapon.

In theory vecna unleashed should be similar but the reliquary weapons seem much lower droprate than ferrocrystal weapons.

Pano

ignore the system. by the time you get enogu frags for items, new build or gear comes out and ruins it
I have never understood this point of view? How can some new gear ever ruin my existing build? it doesn't make sense for me. I want my builds to be fun to play, decent to solo, decent to group with - I don't want to refarm my whole gearset when a new +1 comes out.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I have never understood this point of view? How can some new gear ever ruin my existing build? it doesn't make sense for me. I want my builds to be fun to play, decent to solo, decent to group with - I don't want to refarm my whole gearset when a new +1 comes out.
This is the mindset for those who desire every bit of power available in the game and run at the highest difficulties possible.

For the rest of us, being able to go thru quests with a high probability of success at a difficulty we find acceptable is plenty and doesn't require refarming any time an additional +1 comes out.

Pano

This is the mindset for those who desire every bit of power available in the game and run at the highest difficulties possible.

For the rest of us, being able to go thru quests with a high probability of success at a difficulty we find acceptable is plenty and doesn't require refarming any time an additional +1 comes out.
Well yeah, I get that. I like getting marginal improvements, too. I just don't agree that builds are getting ruined by new gear. Meta will change, for sure - but those guys will still by able to solo R10 and I will still be able to solo R6/7 with what I have now.
My point is, that I will be enchanting my IoD gear with reaper enchants because it has the most overall value, which is IMO far better than waiting for the next meta, that will be obsolete in a year again.

droid327

That's fine in the short term...but eventually, new content will come out that's harder (because the devs assume you do have all those +1s that add up) and you'll struggle at it without the most recent meta gearset

That being said, I've still run the numbers on some of my alts and decided to stick with classic Sharn sets etc. at cap, so its not like obsolescence is guaranteed

Supot

The bonus weekend is the best time and the rate goes up very much. Drop everything you are doing and farm during the whole duration and the next 12 hours after the schedule.

I have not computed the exact increase when using the store potion, but since they're so cheap, you should use them.

Lost at Sea is a great quest because it has 2 chests. You have to compute minutes per chest.

I compiled my stats for the bonus event on May 2023. The sample size is pretty big so these are pretty accurate.

Avg difficulty: R7
Named Drop %: .541
Named Drop % for Quests that drop Artifacts: Roughly 66%
Reaper Frag% per Named Drop: 0.274
Reaper Frag% per Chest: 0.148
1frag Item: 80%
5frag Item: 20%

Quests done:
WPM 1st chest,
Lost at Sea,
Into the Mists,
Bonegrinder,
Magma Cogs,
Wraithcallers,
Members Only,
Heart of the Prob,
Scavenger hunt,
Thralls of the Fung,

Pano

I guess you are right.
I am more of a casual player (in the terms of time spend playing) and I have spend a LOT of time getting raid gear with decent curses and/or mythic bonuses. I will not be able to farm better gear overall when the new expansion comes in a year probably (counting all the bonuses). So I am not bothered by it and I will wait at least for lvl 36 to refarm my gear for my main. Thats why I think it is perfectly reasonable for me to enchant my current gear with reaper frags.

So my point stand as well as the hunt for every +1 strategy of the Elite players.

Sarlona Raiding

I guess you are right.
I am more of a casual player (in the terms of time spend playing) and I have spend a LOT of time getting raid gear with decent curses and/or mythic bonuses. I will not be able to farm better gear overall when the new expansion comes in a year probably (counting all the bonuses). So I am not bothered by it and I will wait at least for lvl 36 to refarm my gear for my main. Thats why I think it is perfectly reasonable for me to enchant my current gear with reaper frags.

So my point stand as well as the hunt for every +1 strategy of the Elite players.

This is my point of view as well. When new gear comes out you might be down a few +1s as stats increase, but over time your gear ends up with reaper, curse and mythic bonuses so I prefer to wait until I have enough bonuses on the new gear that I feel it's worth switching.

Otherwise there is the potential to spend alot of jewel kits swapping gear and then spending alot of jewels upgrading that gear.

In the meantime I'll pass new gear with weak or no bonus to casual raiding alts that don't really need every +1. I often tend to gear up my deeper alts with new gear first while I hold out for gear with better bonuses on my solo and stronger raiding characters.

The entire "get everything in 2 weeks and then stop playing" mentality doesn't resonate with me. With the new bonus systems in place upgrading gear is ongoing and most of us never quite get there before new and better gear comes out.

Jummby

Does anybody have a good way of farming them (if it is even possible)? Rerolling low level chests? Any particular quests with good Chests/Minute ratio? Does Treasure hunter elixir really helps (how much)? Is it worth using discovery elixir for this?
There is a reason that no one should answer this.

When a good way to do something is made public and the employees of Daybreak Games (people that call SSG) find out about it, they eliminate that method.

For Example: Level 1 items with reaper bonuses them were nerfed when a streamer found a way to farm them fast. The devs saw it and IMMEDIATELY killed it.

It's also an example of streamers being horrible for the game itself. Streamers will do anything for viewers and donations. even when it means ruining things in the game.

Last edited:

eightspoons

When a good way to do something is made public and the employees of Daybreak Games (people that call SSG) find out about it, they eliminate that method.
Indeed, so I'm going to make my suggestion as abstractly as possible - there's a shady monster optional in a quest where you go back and forth a bunch of times in order to open the way to the end. The chest in that optional is almost a 100% certainty every time. If you can go in there with 6 toons, the fragments can come (relatively) thick and fast.

Quest level is upper-mid-teens heroic or upper-mid-twenties epic.

Genkiba

For Example: Level 1 items with reaper bonuses them were nerfed when a streamer found a way to farm them fast. The devs saw it and IMMEDIATELY killed it.

It's also an example of streamers being horrible for the game itself. Streamers will do anything for viewers and donations. even when it means ruining things in the game.
'Stop showing how we game the system!'

PersonMan

@eightspoons I'm imagining a comedy sketch where a dealer tries to do their sales in a police station using euphemisms, but makes absolutely certain the officers are hearing every word.