SUPER IDEA

JaynChar2019

So we have a big problem retaining new players, once they see the daunting task to catch up with the Elites of the game, between that and lack friendly grouping and being treated like second class citizens by the Old Timers (not all but alot of them) the exp grind gives them goals that are multi year unless they spend lots of cash. They get discouraged and quit.

My solution is a level 1-20 Server for new accts only, so us oldtimers cannot access it unless we create a new acct too. On this new server it will give (ALOT) more xp and have a wider grping lvl spread with no penalties for players over quest limit or explorer area limit and have more loot/higher % named loot drops (ALL LOOT from new server would be bound to char to prevent rare farming to transfer to others) and shrines in chest and cover all the free to play and all the quest from the code FREEDDO2024 and they can be done up to elite, even as free to play, now this server would not have the most recent expansions and have NO Reaper or Raids or Epic levels on it on it and even have a cap on guild lvls and ship size also as this is a transition server not a permanent home, let them test drive characters with vet status for learning purposes, also this server would have its own advanced tutorial or help info page so when a newbie get stuck they solve issues without combing thru the wiki or scouring the forums all night.

THis would allow a new DDO player to learn the basics and test drive the game in a friendly atmosphere. And level and TR at an accelerated rate. Once they meet the goals they have for leveling learning and TRing and have farmed gear they want, then they have the option to transfer the first char they do this with to a regular live server for FREE with only what they can carry and they can never return that character back to NEW Intro Server, and they lose total access to Intro Server on that account, and would need to create a new acct if they wanted to access it again.

Raids, Reaper and the most recent expansions and most specail events would only be on regular servers and maybe have 1 or 2 of the more simplistic raids or events toned down with no named or lesser named loot just to give them a taste of what to expect ion a raid. This would be a pure speed grind lvling tutorial server without acccess to newest stuff or best named stuff and allow new players a chance to catch up with the oldtimers life wise but without the loot or event benefits regular servers have.

If this is done right instead of years and lots of cash that 99% of new players won't spend time or money on. if they played heavy scale the xp where Heroic completionist is doable in 6 months and racail completionest another 6 months. 12 months to cover what took elites years to do would get more players for the game and once they reach completionist for Heroic and Racial both you can have it unlock a buyable option for Epic levels or Epic Destinies. dong this would allow new players to come into a regular server and be able run with more experienced players without draging down the Oldtimers gaming experience and hopefully make them more welcoming of new players.

I know its a long term project to create such a server, but theres no doubt in my mind that this would increase DDO populations and imagine if this new server had a perm 30%to 50% discount on BTC store purchases (NOT EXPANSION STORE) I wonder how many new players would by stacks of mnem, xp or loot potions and such before transfering to the regular server which one give DDO SSG and new revenue stream.

Would love to see support and additional ideas or positive feedback on this idea as I can see some version of this majorly helping the game longterm.

Thanks for reading this and everyone msg Cordovan and tell him to read it lol
Our guild actively looks for new and returning players on facebook and I am relatively new myself (3 years). I recruited 3 players just last night :). We welcome all and I gather a bunch of bound to character on equip and nice non named items of all levels and put them in our cargo hold chests. Our guild is full of "noobs" but we raid with them and run with them. Our guild is very active with guild chat and are guildies regularly team up and run together. I have been actively trying to foster a place for us newish players to band together.

Deathromancer

Well one solution will work right now, today, right this second. 100% works. Can be done without any additional work beyond creating a guild and advertising as a guild leader. One requires an entire company to do something. So yeah, making and advertise a guild is a simpler solution IMO.
I've tried this, I have a max lvl crafter and created a guild and recruited in Harbor , Korthos and Borderlands, giving newbies plat and using my resources to craft them all the gear they needed, in hopes of developing them and making a strong guild and 99% of them ended up leaving on good terms for higher lvl guilds that promised them the world, and me losing tons of resources building them up, then they left to join Raiding guilds ect. So while I choose to sometimes help new players it not longer my main focus to do SSGs job trying to develop new players and grow the game. And the sad thing after all the crafing I did for the new players, and them leaving my guild which was discouraging to say the least they would still hit me up to craft for them and when I no longer did it for free (i didn't charge them) but told them they had to supply the collectables ect most of them would get an attitude, since they no longer got free handouts. I've lost track of how many I would TR to help or geared up and spent nights grinding quest for gear they wanted, but most always leave for higher lvl raid guilds, if your focused on TRing and newbies.

So better for them to have to earn it on their own and appreciate the effort it takes, than deal with a lot of ungrateful players who got mad when the freebies stop.

Deathromancer

Our guild actively looks for new and returning players on facebook and I am relatively new myself (3 years). I recruited 3 players just last night :). We welcome all and I gather a bunch of bound to character on equip and nice non named items of all levels and put them in our cargo hold chests. Our guild is full of "noobs" but we raid with them and run with them. Our guild is very active with guild chat and are guildies regularly team up and run together. I have been actively trying to foster a place for us newish players to band together.
Glad to hear that, if you have a good core team to help with that, so the work load is spread around thats awesome, sadly I transferred from Ghallanda to Orien and haven't had as much luck building a solid grp here.

JaynChar2019

Glad to hear that, if you have a good core team to help with that, so the work load is spread around thats awesome, sadly I transferred from Ghallanda to Orien and haven't had as much luck building a solid grp here.
Sorry to hear that. We are on sarlona if you want to switch/make new toon reach out and we would happily invite you.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
So we have a big problem retaining new players, once they see the daunting task to catch up with the Elites of the game, between that and lack friendly grouping and being treated like second class citizens by the Old Timers (not all but alot of them) the exp grind gives them goals that are multi year unless they spend lots of cash. They get discouraged and quit.

My solution is a level 1-20 Server for new accts only, so us oldtimers cannot access it unless we create a new acct too. On this new server it will give (ALOT) more xp and have a wider grping lvl spread with no penalties for players over quest limit or explorer area limit and have more loot/higher % named loot drops (ALL LOOT from new server would be bound to char to prevent rare farming to transfer to others) and shrines in chest and cover all the free to play and all the quest from the code FREEDDO2024 and they can be done up to elite, even as free to play, now this server would not have the most recent expansions and have NO Reaper or Raids or Epic levels on it on it and even have a cap on guild lvls and ship size also as this is a transition server not a permanent home, let them test drive characters with vet status for learning purposes, also this server would have its own advanced tutorial or help info page so when a newbie get stuck they solve issues without combing thru the wiki or scouring the forums all night.

THis would allow a new DDO player to learn the basics and test drive the game in a friendly atmosphere. And level and TR at an accelerated rate. Once they meet the goals they have for leveling learning and TRing and have farmed gear they want, then they have the option to transfer the first char they do this with to a regular live server for FREE with only what they can carry and they can never return that character back to NEW Intro Server, and they lose total access to Intro Server on that account, and would need to create a new acct if they wanted to access it again.

Raids, Reaper and the most recent expansions and most specail events would only be on regular servers and maybe have 1 or 2 of the more simplistic raids or events toned down with no named or lesser named loot just to give them a taste of what to expect ion a raid. This would be a pure speed grind lvling tutorial server without acccess to newest stuff or best named stuff and allow new players a chance to catch up with the oldtimers life wise but without the loot or event benefits regular servers have.

If this is done right instead of years and lots of cash that 99% of new players won't spend time or money on. if they played heavy scale the xp where Heroic completionist is doable in 6 months and racail completionest another 6 months. 12 months to cover what took elites years to do would get more players for the game and once they reach completionist for Heroic and Racial both you can have it unlock a buyable option for Epic levels or Epic Destinies. dong this would allow new players to come into a regular server and be able run with more experienced players without draging down the Oldtimers gaming experience and hopefully make them more welcoming of new players.

I know its a long term project to create such a server, but theres no doubt in my mind that this would increase DDO populations and imagine if this new server had a perm 30%to 50% discount on BTC store purchases (NOT EXPANSION STORE) I wonder how many new players would by stacks of mnem, xp or loot potions and such before transfering to the regular server which one give DDO SSG and new revenue stream.

Would love to see support and additional ideas or positive feedback on this idea as I can see some version of this majorly helping the game longterm.

Thanks for reading this and everyone msg Cordovan and tell him to read it lol
Every one of us have alts with none or only a few PLs, less reaper points.
If someone is intimidated b/o my completionist toon I just switch toon and problem solved.
I am still be abke to help the newbee with my game experience and knowledge.